Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Adding yourself as admin with Rocket for Unturned server

Ryan Pennington

THIS IS NOW OUTDATED - USE THE ADMIN DROP DOWN INSTEAD!

2016-02-06_13h25_41.png

You can use FTP to do this. Here's a nice guide on how to connect to your game server via FTP.

1. Make sure your server is Steam updated to the latest version
  2. Make sure your Rocket is the latest version
  3. Make sure you have already joined the server and wait 2 minutes (walk around, hit some zombies)
  4. Stop your server from the Survival Servers control panel
  5. Using your FTP client, login
  6. Navigate to the following directory -
  7. /Servers/Server/Rocket/
  8. Right-click the Permissions.config.xml file and edit it
  9. Here you can replace your GUID in this line -
  10. <Member>76561197966093888</Member>
  11. Replace the  76561197966093888 number with your Steam ID. You can use this website to find your steam ID.
  12. ADVANCED USERS: You can configure allowable commands, add more admins, etc to this file. Make sure your utilizing valid XML schema syntax. :) If you need help, feel free to post in this thread
  13. Start your server
  14. Join your server and type something in chat. Your name and chat message should be highlighted in yellow (if you have color.yellow set as a command that is)

Would it be possible for you to create the same thing but for those of us that don't want to use rocket, so a step by step guide on how to admin yourself on the vanilla server? If so thank you in advance.

Thank you but my issue is when I set the color to color.cyan or any color for that matter, my admins and I do not appear as admins on the player list. When you join any other server the admins are blue in the player list but when I set admins in my server that does not happen. Is it because I have different commands for different admins? 

• 3 weeks later...

It's because it's not your steam 64 id, it is in fact the number you see on steam when you visit anyone's profile, for example it says 7656 then followed by more numbers that are effectively unique like your own finger print.

Probably worded bad but I hope you get the idea, quick summary go to your profile look top left and it should say something like http://steam/blahblahblah/7656......You want the 7656 onwards part (just the numbers).

I hope all of this helped anyone that was confused as it did confuse me the first time it's not until I went on my friends profile and saw the magic 7656 that it clicked in my brain.

Please note I have a custom url so had to get my friends to get my number.

• 2 months later...

The tutorial doesn't really help me at all. I just bought a server already got the filezilla client and no idea what the fuck am i doing.........

like i have no idea at all
i just want pve on any map of my server and then make myself admin with rocket mod and done ezpz but no i bought a server just like gameservers.,com given me a fucking headache gg wasted money again