Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Steam Workshop Mod installation guide (client + server) - example mod "Ark Reborn"

This is an outdated topic. We have implemented an easy to use mod install tool into our control panel which no longer requires this guide to be followed.

For this tutorial I will be installing a new map called Ark Reborn.

Client-side Setup

• Open ARK: Survival Evolved
  • Click on the Host / Local button
  • From the Host / Local page, click Get ModsD0UFkn1.png
  • Find Ark Reborn v2 and SubscribeSqepJ6k.png
  • You now have the mod installed client-sideso4XqIW.png
  • All set, you are now able to join ARK: Survival Evolved servers with the Ark Reborn custom mod content from Steam Workshop.

Server-side Setup

• Stop your game server from the control panel
  • Open up your FTP client and navigate to the root directory. For a tutorial on how to use FTP, click here.yqlLH2o.png
  • Navigate to the /ShooterGame/Content/Mods folder
  • Upload the Ark Reborn folder (which is named 485964701) (from client setup steps) here (the entire folder, not just the contents)u1iZzlc.png
  • Navigate back to the Survival Servers control panel
  • Enable custom launch parameters (if you haven't already) and copy the default from the info box (the little 'i' icon next to the custom launch parametersXpguoVw.png
  • Paste this into a Notepad and modify like suchNGYpGiO.png
  • Paste the new launch parameter line in the control panel5WpoPLt.png
  • Press the green Update & Restart button
  • Your ARK: Survival Evolved server is now set to play Ark Reborn.XMtMfFx.png

I tried to follow these instructions but with the  Isla Nublar SITE A island. Needless to say the server isnt responding to the changes I made. Please assist. I have a video ticket to show what I have done. 

Ticket #699996  GAME SERVER ID #6432

Sadly I Am still having issues :'(. I made a ticket video response showing what I did in every step. Same ticket number and server ID. Ticket #699996  GAME SERVER ID #6432 

Please help me. The server has been down for 2 days. Thank you very much in advance. If you believe that it's the Map and not something I am doing or the server, then please advise.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having issues loading two mods it was working fine but someone on your end fixed my problems supposedly but now command line only will load one mod?

my server with you looksl ike this: /Game/Maps/TheIslandSubMaps/TheIsland?listen?GameModIds=485826143,481755557?Multihome=xxxxx?Port=1xxx?QueryPort=1xx?SessionName=!Drunken Clam 3!Canna-Ark!PvPx10xp|Tame|112lvls?MaxPlayers=100?ServerPassword=?ServerAdminPassword=xx?RCONEnabled=True?RCONPort=xx?AltSaveDirectoryName=SavedArk7743?AllowThirdPersonPlayer=true?ServerPVE=false?ServerCrosshair=true?ShowMapPlayerLocation=true?ProximityChat=true?GlobalVoiceChat=true?DifficultyOffset=1?XPMultiplier=10?TamingSpeedMultiplier=10?PlayerCharacterFoodDrainMultiplier=0.6?PlayerCharacterWaterDrainMultiplier=0.6?HarvestAmountMultiplier=10?DinoCountMultiplier=1.5?

ive had to add the bottom commands for ini manually because my ini will not load correctly. any ideas? mods are installed server side and both up to date canna-ark loads fine but not dino overhaul.

• 2 weeks later...

My mod will not launch after this last update. my launch command is : /game/mods/496936631/Tester?listen?modid=496936631?mulitihome ect ? Is this completely wrong?

This whole mod issue is starting to get a little frustrating. From what I have been reading, if you are hosting your own server the mods are working just fine. Also, other server providers have the problem fixed. It would be nice if someone form Survival Servers would give us some concrete answers. I have already wiped my server and lost all of my players. Modding and having complete control of the server is the only reason I am paying for this. Running half a dozen mods one day, and having them all not function the next seem like a priority. I Realize that Wildcard has not really thought out remote access and the fault is not all on your server provider. I would just like to know if this issue is anywhere near being dealt with or if I need to try privately hosting or just give up on Ark all together. I don't have much more hair left to pull out...

There's no issues with our hosting setup, you can and have always been able to install mods on your own, this guide is just outdated as I have stated above. For advanced manipulation of your server, you have to go out and read documentation from Steam guides and some of the mod developers. We have tutorials on our end, but sometimes it takes us a few days to get it public (on the forums or wherever else) due to the constant changing of things from ARK's end. But yeah, you've always had access to FTP to upload the mods and access to your custom launch params to launch mod(s) without any intervention from us or any changes on our end.

Check here for the most updated method to install mods, I will update this topic soon.

• 4 weeks later...

You put the mod ID there. Mod must be updated to the latest version of ARK.

Which mod are you trying to install and do you have other mods or maps tied into that?

For a single mod, it's pretty simple. Just put the mod ID in the input box there and update & restart.