Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Rollbacks after 188.0

My server suffered through the rollbacks last week and it seems to have reared its ugly head again. Dealing with these disgruntled players is making my head explode =/

I am presently looking into this with upmost priority. I recognize this issue has happened on multiple servers and we need to get to the bottom of this before anything else. I am very sorry that some of you have lost data as a result of this. I have not been able to pinpoint the core of the issue yet, it seems. The fix the developer gave me for the AltSaveDirectoryName is very hard to test whether ot not it works but ti does seem that we have less overall roll back complaints. Anyways, after the 188.0 update, a bunch of you have reached out to us letting us know that the roll back issue is indeed back.

Here's my plan, I want to get to the bottom of this. I will collect as much in-depth explanation as possible and require the following data IF YOUR SERVER HAS ROLLED BACK WHEN ARK UPDATING TO 188.0 ONLY!!

Please submit a support ticket with these answers or post here in this thread

#1 What was the outcome when you tried restoring a save from the backup restore drop down on the control panel?

#2 What specifically was rolled back?

* Items in your character's inventory

* Position of your character?

* Buildings on your server?

* Dinosaurs that you had tamed are no longer there?

#3 Did you run the worldsave like this before doing an "ARK Update" ?

#4 What is your Steam ID of affected players (ONLY those who have CONFIRMED VERBALLY that they have inventory data / engrams / levels / experience rollback)

I know it is annoying having to go through all of these questions, but if you can give me detailed information I can discover a trend and trends help fix big bugs. =)

Since the last update on or about the 20th our server at restart been putting us back over 24  hours.. any help i thank you in advance

Thug 

server 6974

7/23/15  06:00 Today I went on and with every restart it is taken us (ALL PLAYERS) back to just before the update done on or about the 20th. Everything that was built yesterday is gone. Before the update when i logged on i was killed by a dino and when i log in now that is what i go through each time after a restart. 

I'm a player on the OP's server and have been waiting to see an update on this utmost priority for days now.

Has there or has there not been data loss (for the second week in a row)?

The only question above that is valid is #3. Stop stalling with the bogus trivia. This is your company's fault and active problem. Those players that have suffered twice from your broken scripts want to know where they stand and get back to playing.

Also, the OP tells me the password for his FTP is not letting him in so we cannot retrieve what remains of our world. You can just tack that onto this ticket when you get around to it.

-Angry mob

We're still working on the issue. At this point we really can't pinpoint the root cause of the issue.

Out of all of our customers, there are 9 confirmed customers with this issue. Considering the percentages, this is very low.

I can't point fingers (and I would ask for our patient customers not to do so as well) until we understand the problem and get to the root of the issue.

Any additional data you may have IS helpful and IS necessary to finding the root cause of the issue to fix it.

In the mean time, I would recommend doing the following:

* Participating in the ongoing work done to fix the issue by providing data

* Disable automated restarts and run them manually
 * Run an admin world save BEFORE every restart

* Check in FTP if the ShooterGame/Saved/SavedArkXXXX/TheIsland.ark date last modified is updating

* Stop your server before running an ARK update and write down the date & time before running the ARK update in case we need this information

* If you notice ANYTHING out of the ordinary (with the modified dates, roll backs, crashing, settings files wipes, etc) please submit this to your currently open support ticket so we can jump on immediately and check it out (I will be checking these tickets around the clock)

I know it's a hassle, but I want to get this fixed and I cannot do it without these roll back customers input.

If you are reading this thread and do not have an active support ticket, please follow the steps from my post above.

I have an update on the roll back issue, this applies ONLY to customers that have roll backs!

What I've found out, as of today, is that your TheIsland.ark file (which has all of your data) is being locked by another process on the dedicated server. I have not pinpointed as to WHY this is happening, but it is blocking TheIsland.ark file from writing and creating a TheIsland.tmp file instead with your most recent saves.

In the mean time, a fix is for our staff to come in and remove the file lock from the process that is blocking your TheIsland.ark file and the worldsaves will properly work.

Step #1: Disable automatic restarts, set it to NEVER

Step #2: Check if there is an existing block on your TheIsland.ark file

To check this, you can open up the ShooterGame\Saved\SavedArkXXXX (where XXXX is your game server ID) folder and check to see if a TheIsland.tmp file exists in this folder **WHILE IT IS RUNNING**

** If it does exist, create a support ticket and do not restart your server, we have to remove the lock before you restart or run an ARK update.. after we remove the lock it will function normally

** If it does not exist, you are good to go and can perform a server restart or ARK update.

I understand the frustration here but this is our current best method so that you don't lose any data. =)

I am also experiencing this issue. Submitted a ticket yesterday morning and issue hasn't been resolved yet. The world is saving under the .tmp file, but my main concern is it seems to be preventing me from updating my server. Ticket# 376147

I'm fine with the lost day. Right now I'm more concerned that I can't safely upgrade to v190 that just released this morning. Looking forward to hearing back from support.