Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

ARKON - desktop RCON server administration tool

Looking for a good way to admin your server from a Windows desktop program? ARKON will do that!

Some screenshots!

arkcon_player_list.png

arkon_admin.png

arkon_admin_command_example.png

arkon_settings.png

arkon_console.png

More information is available here:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/530646715639420791/

Download using this link:

http://rusty.sadface.co.uk/download/ARKon/ARKon.zip

(you might have to copy paste this into a download manager or your browser if that link doesn't work)

List of admin commands you can use with the tool:

http://ark.gamepedia.com/Console_Commands

I can't seem to get RCON even working on my ARK server. Putting it in the command line params makes the server not load and using it GameUserSettings.ini seems to not work either.

What are you referring to putting command line params I didnt add anything to my .ini

your GameUserSettings.ini should have 2 lines at the end of the [serverSettings] block

RCONPort=XXXXX  (mines is 18417 which is assigned by the host ??)
RCONEnabled=True

and of course the ServerAdminPassword from the second line

some of the earlier posts talked about adding this line:

?RCONEnabled=True?RCONPort=32330?ServerAdminPassword=123

but it would be incorrect

Hope this helps

RCON always becomes unresponsive after a few hours on my server. You can connect but no data gets sent in either direction.

Also, I don't understand the purpose of setting a port. Originally after the first patch that enabled RCON I set the port to 32330 and that worked. However every patch after RCON will only work on my servers port +2. 

How do I use it, I'm still a noob at this stuff. Any docs that can help?

In my opinion, the only thing any server owner would ever use this tool is to kick, ban, or whitelist a player. As far as the other options on the tool, maybe you could reply to the thread where the tool is downloaded from. It's still in the developmental stages so not sure if everything even works. If you need to do kick, ban, or whitelist just click on the players name and then click on the appropiate player command you wish to do.

Ive downloaded the arkon rcon client. Filled in the info, put RCONEnabled=True
RCONPort=22517 in the gamesusersetting.ini.

But when i try to connect it keeps giving me this error : Please make sure you have  correctly filled out the server information.

Any idea's what im doing wrong?

NVM got it working now

• 1 month later...

Ok, so I'm a total friggen noob to this -  I haven't been an Admin of anything in years and I have no idea how RCON works to begin with. Is there a list of commands for this thing? Or a 'Scripted Commands Guide for Dummies' somewhere?

I have included a couple of attachments to get noobs at least connected and familure with scripts.

Attached file "Capture1.jpg" shows how to setup a connection.

Attached file "Capture2.jpg" shows an example on how to use scripts. I have shown how to kill all Alpha Rex aka "Mega Rex" in the world every minute. This was handy in removing all Alpha Rex spawns prior to developers adding in replacement spawns and spawn multipliers in the server config. All script commands are found at: http://ark.gamepedia.com/Console_Commands

post-2225-0-29152000-1441433321_thumb.jpg

post-2225-0-50633800-1441433321_thumb.jpg

So my security program updated, and quarantined the ARKon file. Went to DL it again from the link in the Steam discussions page and its quarantining it due to a detected Trojan file...

Is there another link/site to dl from?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm using Arkon for my remote management, yet the last two days its had problems connecting. I can connect to everything fine otherwise. It started happening after a automated restart of the server. After a couple hours it was able to connect, nothing had changed. Having the same issue again today, yet it still wont connect and the last restart has been 5 hours ago. Just seeing if anyone else is having this issue.

I have checked all my connection settings, and everything looks to be correct.

Thanks!

It seems to be working again with today's update. Since nothing else has changed I have to assume there was something with the last update to this one.

• 3 weeks later...

Everytime I try and use the arkon tool to try and change the time of day or give someone an item it tells me "Server received command but the command had no response." And also it will randomly disconnect and reconnect me but the chat system is working fine and so is broadcast. So idk if theres something wrong with the tool or if theres a setting I dont have right for it to work properly

hey i need an update on when this disconnecting and reconnecting will be fixed. This tool is wonderful but I am really only using it for the admin scrip[ting for timed braodcasting... having it disconnect and reconnect makes the broadcast that i timed reset to the first broadcast.... so it jsut says the same thing over and over again...