Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server Can No Longer Save

For some reason our TheIsland.ark file can no longer be overwritten, the server won't save over that file and instead creates a TheIsland.tmp file. I tried to manually overwrite the TheIsland.ark file with TheIsland.tmp file after renaming it and it tells me:

Copying files to remote side failed.

Can't access file.

Any idea why this might be happening? It's impossible to progress on the server as every time we restart it rollsback to this one save file that I can't get rid of. 

Thanks in advance for any help. (Ticket #835150)

Post-Edit: I have also tried using the Restore Backup feature, but the result is still the same. Bad save file remains, and is not overwritten with the backup.

Created a ticket last night, the ticket number was included in the original post :) I just haven't received a response yet so I was hoping perhaps someone else had encountered this before and knew how to fix it. We're still unable to remove that bad save, we can't restart the server, and so can't update the server, or do really anything else with the server. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry about not seeing the ticket # in your post. I was able to take a detailed look at your game server and responded with this:

It appears that the .ark file had latched on to another executable on the same server. I have freed that up and now I was able to delete it. I moved the .tmp to .ark so you should have the latest data now.

If you cannot delete or rename TheIsland.ark please create a support ticket and we'll offload the process that is keeping it locked (this appears to be a game/Windows bug, unrelated to our setup)

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason our TheIsland.ark file can no longer be overwritten, the server won't save over that file and instead creates a TheIsland.tmp file. I tried to manually overwrite the TheIsland.ark file with TheIsland.tmp file after renaming it and it tells me:

Copying files to remote side failed.

Can't access file.

Any idea why this might be happening? It's impossible to progress on the server as every time we restart it rollsback to this one save file that I can't get rid of. 

Thanks in advance for any help. (Ticket #835150)

Post-Edit: I have also tried using the Restore Backup feature, but the result is still the same. Bad save file remains, and is not overwritten with the backup.

This issue has happened to my server for the last three days. Support ticket is #550424

I was responded to with that it's fixed however it is not.

​Please look into this as i have not received a reply for the last 30 hours and people are leaving my server.

Thank you