Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server Admin Commands

ARK Server Admin Guide

• Log your game client into your server
  • Open the console
enablecheats <yourpass>

Manage your server:

cheat broadcast <MessageString> | will allow you to broadcast a message to everyone on the server

cheat SetMessageOfTheDay <message> | sets a message that pops up when people enter

cheat saveworld | saves the current worldstate

cheat listplayers | shows a list of all players on the server with their SteamID

cheat quit | exits the current world, use after saving for a safe shutdown

Manage your users:

cheat ban <name> | bans the user from the server

cheat unban <name> | unbans the user from the server

cheat AllowPlayerToJoinNoCheck <SteamID> | white-list the person

cheat DisallowPlayerToJoinNoCheck <SteamID> | removes their white-list

Admin commands:

cheat God | enables god mode, you are unkillable except be careful, you can still drown

cheat Fly | you are able to fly. 

cheat Walk | deactivates flying and allows you to walk again

cheat forcetame | instantly tames a dinosaur, can ride without saddle too

cheat Ghost | noclip, ability to walk through walls/objects

cheat ToggleInfiniteAmmo | gives you infinite ammo for your weapons

cheat addexperience 1000 0 0 | gives you 1000 xp 

cheat giveresources | gives you 50 of every resource

cheat InfiniteStats | no hunger, Stamina, etc…

cheat setplayerpos 0 0 0 | allows you to teleport to coords [coordinates map here]

cheat enemyinvisible true/false | makes all creatures ignore you even if you attack them

cheat slomo 5 | changes the speed on the server such as player movement, 1= normal speed

cheat summon <classname> | summons a dinosaur at your location. [creature list here]

cheat destroyall <classname> | destroys all objects/dinosaurs of a classname, refer to the dinosaur or item lists for specific classnames, also works with structures WIP List (advised against usage at this time)

Give Item(s): [ Item ID List: HERE ]

cheat giveitemnum 1 1 1 false  - Give Item

cheat giveitemnum 1 1 1 true    - Give item blueprint

Key:

1 1 1 =1(itemsID),1(Quantity),1(Stats)  

Source: http://ark.gamepedia.com/Admin_Game_Commands

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is it possible to have a file the server reads that includes SteamIDs to auto whitelist specific people as admins instead of having to enter the password each time? (yes I know, I am lazy lol)

I came across this in a ARK Guide in steam, no idea if its accurate and I haven't tested it -

Whitelisting an Admin
This allows you to use commands without needing to login as Admin.

Create a file in the directory \ShooterGame\Saved\ called AllowedCheaterSteamIDs.txt
It should look like this \ShooterGame\Saved\AllowedCheaterSteamIDs.txt

From here, list on each line the Steam64 ID's you wish to authorize for cheat commands, these users will be able to cheat without logging in as Admin.

• 5 weeks later...

a anyone know how to lock items like doors etc and chests i looked for the comand in the drop down box etc since i havent ever ftpped would be great if someone can tell this newbie how, very new to this but again would appreciate help as trying to do this for friends and i to play. Thank you ahead of time

a anyone know how to lock items like doors etc and chests i looked for the comand in the drop down box etc since i havent ever ftpped would be great if someone can tell this newbie how, very new to this but again would appreciate help as trying to do this for friends and i to play. Thank you ahead of time

In ARK if I remember right you should be able to set a pass code on doors and chest so only you can open them. Not sure if there is anyway to do this within the file system.

• 1 month later...

It's a good thing to note too, and an easier way to handle your admin commands while in game, after you have logged in as an admin correctly is to do this.  

Open your console with the tab button.

Then type in ShowMyAdminManager

By doing this, it will open on your screen your admin manager for the server.   From here, you can set your welcome message, and do any of the admin functions by clicking on the player you are going to use, click on the admin command, then execute.  Sometimes, another box will pop up asking you for player ID, or Player name.   Player name is obvious, but the id, you can click copy ID button and the player you selected before choosing the command will allow you to automatically insert their ID.    Then you can click continue, or execute.   I can't remember what button it is in that new box. 

It's definitely a helpful feature they implemented in ark for us admins.   Good luck!

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Another way to use the cheat commands is to put a file called AllowedCheaterSteamIDs.txt  in the ShooterGame\Saved directory with a list Steam IDs you want to be admins, one per line.

This way you don't have to put enablecheats <yourpass> every time you log in.