Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server doesn't save before AutoRestart

As indicated in the title, I currently have the server set to auto-restart every 4 hours for the sake of keeping lag and rubberbanding under control. Unfortunately the server auto save doesn't line up with the restarts. Last restart I had players reporting losing up to 30 minutes of progress. I've looked around and there doesn't seem to be a known way to edit the auto save times. Is there anything I can do to prevent this? Should I disable auto-restart in the mean time and just restart when it feels needed?

Also, does anyone know a way to have rolling notifications? Are we still waiting for RCON support to enable things like that?

Any help would be much appreciated!

I'm doing my best to maintain reasonable expectations for this server host, given the state of the game, however; Auto-restart Notifications are not a feature, they are a Basic Complement to the auto restarts themselves.

Allow me to elaborate; I pay real money and invest real efforts to fill my community servers- however, because you've implemented an automated restart system without notifications, when the server goes down, my community assumes the server has crashed due to host instability & effectively negates my efforts to have filled it thus far, in addition to tangibly emptying the server thereafter.

Also, why it is an automated system would be hard-coded into the server infrastructure without additionally adding the saveworld admin command is tremendously baffling.

Please heed this complaint. Thanks.

I've merged the threads as it's around the same discussion. We have no control over the saveworld command at this time, the only way to do this is problematically through the game console. The restart feature in the Control Panel does not interface with the game's saveworld (and it cannot as Ryan has stated until the developers add this). I would highly recommend increasing your restart cycle if this is becoming an issue for you, it's what I did and now I am on every night and can save the world before it burns ;-).

I absolutly understand what your going through 

AnimuseSports

and i wish and very hopefull that someone builds a plugin shortly for this.  Because that is the only way outside of the Devs it going to get done.