Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

LRN2FTP (Beginner's Guide To FTP)

Server Id #18097

User Leutian

Setup FTP client to connect properly awhile ago as in may 28th to this server worked for about a week and now everytime i try to connect it says it failed to retrieve directory listing disconnects, reconnects and tries to get listing again  until i stop it, i've created a support ticket about this as the other server i have connects via FTP just fine, the ONLY thing that has changed is the Filezilla updated as well as mod/game updates from ark.

possibly get a look?

Please create a support ticket w/ login information you are using and we can take a look.

ALready DId that they told me it was fine however i'm still experiencing the issue on just the one server, not both my original server still works correctly

Connecting to 167.114.211.109:21...

Status:    Connection established, waiting for welcome message...

Command:    PWD

Response:    257 "/" is current directory.

Command:    TYPE I

Response:    200 Type set to I

Command:    PASV

Response:    227 Entering Passive Mode (167,114,211,109,27,65)

Command:    MLSD

Error:    Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity

Error:    Failed to retrieve directory listing

Command:    PWD

Response:    257 "/" is current directory.

Command:    TYPE I

Response:    200 Type set to I

Command:    PASV

Response:    227 Entering Passive Mode (167,114,211,109,27,66)

Command:    MLSD

Error:    Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity

Error:    Failed to retrieve directory listing

thats the error i'm getting.

• 1 month later...

Thanks gamer...kind of helped, but im very new to this, i did run filezilla, i put in my host and all that and it connected, from there can i just connect to the server or what must i do? please help i have rented a ark server and my friends and i want to join. under /ShooterGame/Content/Maps i have TheIslandSubMaps with alot of UMAP files.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY FOUND WITH THE FTPtool

ISSUE- Ive noticed my Ark and Smite game has periodically been getting a quick lag stutter then tabbing out of game to the main window.

CONNECTION - The last time this happened i saw the icon for FileZilla was at the bottom right corner and disappeared.

SUSPICION- That FileZilla either with or without being closed through task manager sends packets of information through the upload and when doing do its task momentarily takes priority over the full screen application then closes out immediately.

PLEASE INVESTIGATE THIS AND TAKE ACTION TO CORRECT THESE INSTANCES

~ZomPaul

1/27/2017

• 4 weeks later...

I am struggling to login via FileZilla using FTP credentials. I have a ticket open #578793 and support is trying best to assist.

My concern is they can login with FTP and say its successful post a password change.  But no matter what I try its fails for bad password.

I have even tried Filezilla simple Quickconnect option at the top and still have the same issue.  So for clarity what is the settings FTP on our Ark servers has setup to allow connections (TLS, explicit FTP, implicit FTP, etc)?

FileZilla version is v3.24.1

If you check the FTP Details part of your control panel, you'll see IP/Host, Port, User, and Pass. IP/Host will be a set of four numbers; put that in Filezilla into Host. Protocol should be FTP - File Transfer Protocol. For encryption, I use Use explicit FTP over TLS if available. Logon Type is Normal. The user and password are those shown on the control panel. No other settings in Filezilla are necessary.

Hawthorn - Thanks but all that is correct. I did get update on my ticket today asking me to confirm details I using are same as a screenshot.  This highlight ed the support guy hadn't read my ticket where I stated the account name Im using to login which is a server admin via a sub-account setup by our account/server owner in the Control Panel.  The support man is trying to resolve my ticket by the main account holder FTP details and not mine as described on the ticket.  Im hoping this gets realised today and correct course of solution can be taken.  Or is it the sub-account admins cannot FTP into the server to administer?

If you click the Game.ini button on your control panel, do you get a "connection refused" error message? If so, it probably means the FTP service on your server is down and needs to be restarted. This has happened to me twice in the three months or so I've had a server. The first time when I reported the outage it was back up within minutes; the second time, within the last two weeks, I had to jump through all the hoops you're jumping through, proving it wasn't that I had the wrong password, before they'd check the service. (If it were me, I'd jump straight to restarting the service, since it does no harm and takes like a minute at most, before I started trying the more difficult task of working through password problems with a user.)

Hawthorn - Thank but we have the issue identified.

Official ticket update is "The sub FTP feature is currently broken. You will have to use the same FTP details at the owner until it is fixed".

Therefore only our main account holder admin can use FTP or they have to share their login with myself and our other regional admins to use.

Thanks for the effort and also to SS Support.

• 4 months later...

Be sure to shut the server down before you edit the settings. Otherwise, the server is overwriting them with what's in memory.

I have been. That's why I've been stumped by this. Trying to get this going for my community and settings aren't saving. And some settings are actining like they aren't even being recognized.

@BlackT, the settings will overwrite with what is stored on the panel if you use the Update or Save Settings & Restart buttons.

Be sure to use the Start/Stop buttons as those will prevent panel configs from overwriting your changes.

• 3 weeks later...

soooo, i mistakenly changed the edit/file from notepad to FileZilla. now i can't view or edit the plugins. how do i change the default application? i wanted to open the files in notepad++ but im butterfingers and chose the wrong one

• 5 months later...

I'm not able to access my server via fts and I'm getting this with Filezilla

Response:    220 Titan FTP Server 17.00.3067 Ready.
Command:    AUTH TLS
Response:    234 Security data exchange complete.
Error:    GnuTLS error -110: The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.
Status:    Connection attempt failed with "ECONNABORTED - Connection aborted".
Error:    Could not connect to server

Anyone got any idea what is going on?

On 1/18/2020 at 10:42 PM, daMaddino said:

I'm not able to access my server via fts and I'm getting this with Filezilla

Anyone got any idea what is going on?

Try changing your FTP password and do not include the port when connecting with Filezilla. If either of those do not resolve your issue, please submit a support ticket here!

• 11 months later...

Every time i download Filezilla my PC tells me its a virus, and every time i try to allow it it says i dont have perms to give it these options then when i try to install it it uninstalls cause it flags as something not itself from the site linked. 

6 hours ago, Bell Crannel said:

Every time i download Filezilla my PC tells me its a virus, and every time i try to allow it it says i dont have perms to give it these options then when i try to install it it uninstalls cause it flags as something not itself from the site linked. 

That is quite odd, I have never had such an issue with Filezilla, where did you download it from? WinSCP may be a good alternative, I personally use that application for FTP.

WinSCP Download Link: WinSCP :: Official Site :: Download

• 1 month later...

Windows warned me that this program was unsafe, i choose keep anyway and then clicked the exe and bullguard security popped up and quarantined it LOL.... any other programs i can use safely?

6 hours ago, SPG said:

Windows warned me that this program was unsafe, i choose keep anyway and then clicked the exe and bullguard security popped up and quarantined it LOL.... any other programs i can use safely?

WinSCP was detected as a bad program? I have had no such issues. Filezilla would be an alternative.

• 4 months later...