Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

ARK: Control Panel Feature Requests

In Addition I checked to make sure ARKON was allowed by both Windows Firewall and Norton Anti-Virus.  :wink:

So it is either the ARKON itself is broke for everyone or there is something server side preventing it from accessing the server.

In Addition I checked to make sure ARKON was allowed by both Windows Firewall and Norton Anti-Virus.  :wink:

So it is either the ARKON itself is broke for everyone or there is something server side preventing it from accessing the server.

I can vouch that Arkon is NOT broken. I've been using it since inception. It DOES disconnect every couple minutes but always reconnects immediately. Something to do with the game itself there.

I really think that, with the amount of updates this game is going through, having a way for server admins to update the servers without having full access to the owners control panel is very needed.

Is there any update on the progress of this feature being implemented?

Should be fairly straight forward. The owners control panel can set a admin control panel password. The admin would log in using the owners login name and the admin password. This would take them to an admin control panel for the server that only has buttons to update, start and restart the server.

Still very much a work in progress, thank you for the input!

A good temporary work around would be to enable automated restarts and automated updates.

Sorry to be a bother but, is there any update on this?

Any way we can get a button to run an update but also broadcasts to the server a warning(like 15 mins) and saves before shutting down and updating? I have to use my own scripts currently and it's all more manual then I would like.

What are the chances we can make the Automatic restarts time adjustable? As in on a 24hr basis instead of the server auto restarting at 11pm (my current time zone is Mountain) make it adjustable so I can set it when the server is unused? I.E. 4am Mountain time.

You guys did update the dino's list for the spawn multiplayer and % but forgot the deodricus dino also still have yet to add the new items to the engrams list like scuba pants, raft few other things ect.

Also Ark added a way to switch to UDP from P2P but says u have to open 2 different ports i dont see any option for opening ports on the control panel. Heres the info from the patch notes.

'use commandline option "?bRawSockets" (on Windows or Linux) -- you'll need to manually open ports 7777 & 7778 if you do so in order for your server to accept connections.

Also whatever Ark did in the last few patchs atleast for my server has caused some of the functions in the control panel to not work. For example i have set how much i thought each engram should cost for example the first 5 items in the game normally cost 3 engrams each i changed it to 1 the changes i made are still listed in the control panel but on the server the engrams points are back to the games norm.

You guys did update the dino's list for the spawn multiplayer and % but forgot the deodricus dino also still have yet to add the new items to the engrams list like scuba pants, raft few other things ect.

Also Ark added a way to switch to UDP from P2P but says u have to open 2 different ports i dont see any option for opening ports on the control panel. Heres the info from the patch notes.

'use commandline option "?bRawSockets" (on Windows or Linux) -- you'll need to manually open ports 7777 & 7778 if you do so in order for your server to accept connections.

This has been fixed. bRawSockets works perfectly, just tested. You can ignore the part of the patch notes that mentions "open ports 7777 & 7778"

New timer multipliers do not seem to be saving when I change them in the config tool at the moment, tried three times on two different browsers.  when that does work I will be quite pleased indeed.  Regardless though, thank you for paying attention to your forums; five stars for better customer service than any other organization that I know of!

CP Recommendation:

Default hidden passwords wherever a password is displayed, with a toggle option to show password. The reason being is that I'm not always in a private place when I'm administering my server, and would rather not have people overlooking my shoulder taking note of the passwords. Something similar to this should do the trick:

http://jsfiddle.net/herdiansc/dnznh/8/

Would probably need to re-organize a few IDs, but seems easily doable.

I like the new sub accounts! But is there any way we could give out the ability to update without full access? I want them to be able to do that but not be able to access RCON info so they cant pull the chat logs of them doing admin commands so I cant see them.

Hey Ryan,

Just wanted to give a huge thanks for adding in the sub users. It really is a very nice addition to the overall functionality of survival servers. Once the ability for limited users to run updates is added in (as mentioned above), it should be perfect. Again, thanks for listening to our needs.

Could you please add update server to the limited access?

That is the feature I am most interested to give to a sub-user.

Thank you btw for all the good effort and work put down!

Did not find any other way o.0

I love that you have added sub user.

Could you please add update server to the limited access?

That is the feature I am most interested to give to a sub-user.

Thank you btw for all the good effort and work put down!

Sigsense,

They added this feature the other day. Look on the left side of your control panel and you will see one called "sub users". Click it and you can set up "sub admins" with either full access to the control panel or limited access to the control panel. Currently limited access only has the start, stop, restart and launch buttons but they are adding in the ability to run the ARK updates very soon.