Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

ARK: Control Panel Feature Requests

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

How about a simple button for just reinstalling the server ? So a wipe can be done if required?

Coming soon! I would estimate within the week on this one.

The best thing you could add would be a feature to allow other admins to restart and update server without giving them the master username and password. 

Coming soon, I would estimate a couple weeks for this one as it's a little more involved.

Thanks for the good suggestions folks :)

Would be Great to have a Player List and options next to the names. For instance Mute, Kick/Ban, Game Location, SteamID, In Game Name, ect...

Also check boxes for the Server options the Devs are implementing for the Server's INI 

I know most of this is not available yet, but for future reference these things would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance

,Akillys

Go take a look at this http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/530646715637849031/desktop RCON program designed for Ark

Hey Survivors!

We wanted to create a place where you can post your ideas and thoughts on ways to enhance the Survival Server's Control Panel in relation to ARK. This is that place! We'll be able to respond back to you if this is possible or if we're limited on your idea because of other dependencies such as the game developers, security, etc...

I'll be updating this thread's ideas in this thread as well as adding polling options to gauge popularity and demand for particular items/functionality.

Pending Feature Suggestions:

• Backup/Restore - Coming Soon!
  • simple click boxes in control panel for server command features - Pending Review
  • Edit the MOTD through the control panel - Pending Review

It would be useful if you could add automated announcements for example every 10 minutes broadcast a message.

You can do that through a software like ARKON.

It would be awesome to have a tool like BEC (which is used for ARMA games) to broadcast with a custom scheduler that can be ran from command line. Unfortunately that's not possible yet, a bit early on but those tools will eventually come!

Any update on the update to add extra admins to update the server?

This is ARK related, not hosting related.

I was referring to adding an extra person with limited access to my SS acount to be able to update the server from the server control panel

• 3 weeks later...

I really think that, with the amount of updates this game is going through, having a way for server admins to update the servers without having full access to the owners control panel is very needed.

Is there any update on the progress of this feature being implemented?

Should be fairly straight forward. The owners control panel can set a admin control panel password. The admin would log in using the owners login name and the admin password. This would take them to an admin control panel for the server that only has buttons to update, start and restart the server.

Can we please get an admin control panel so that Admins can log in and restart the servers? My server was offline for nearly 15hours while I was sleeping and at work! The numerous times Ive tried setting up restarts and automatic updates they have always caused issues, wether they be rollbacks, failure to restart or just an overall curruption.

Found a couple of little bugs from your newly added ini file editor for ark. 

PvPZoneStructureDamageMultiplier=1
bIncreasePvPRespawnInterval=true
IncreasePvPRespawnIntervalCheckPeriod=300
IncreasePvPRespawnIntervalMultiplier=2

That "b" should not be there in the second row :)

Secondly, when you press "add level" to Dino or Player in the config box, it will start at lvl 0 instead of +1 from where the last entry is. 

Also woundered about these two entries.. don't they need editing when your raise the max lvls? And you cannot in the current option. I may be way wrong tho.. 

OverrideMaxExperiencePointsPlayer=28027
OverrideMaxExperiencePointsDino=28027

Hope this helps you improve it! Great work guys!

Thanks Ryan,

Found some more things if it helps. Seems adding some of the values don't actually have any effect. Don't see some of the entries in the ini file on the server nore in the startup string. Shouldn't we?

Had these entries in our custom startup string and transferred the values to the new config:

WORKS:
AllowThirdPersonPlayer=true
ShowMapPlayerLocation=true
TamingSpeedMultiplier=2.5
PlayerCharacterWaterDrainMultiplier=0.5
PlayerCharacterFoodDrainMultiplier=0.5
ProximityChat=false

DOESN'T WORK:
GlobalVoiceChat=false
HarvestAmountMultiplier=2

HAVN'T BEEN ABLE TO VERIFY YET:
NoTributeDownloads=true
DayCycleSpeedScale=1
NightTimeSpeedScale=6
DayTimeSpeedScale=1
AutoSavePeriodMinutes=15

Keep it up! :)

Okidoki, some more then.. :P If you do not use a custom startup string. Whatever MODID's you put into that field will not be added. Have not tested the other two options but i would guess they aint working either. Whats going on, any progress? Still see a lot of "b" messing up the other values in the .ini files as well as the inability to edit theses values through the interface of yours:

OverrideMaxExperiencePointsPlayer=28027
OverrideMaxExperiencePointsDino=28027

I have noticed a huge difference in leveling of characters and dino's since the server tools were installed.

1. Charater levels start at 0 (zero) instead of 1.

2. The amount of experience needed between levels is set to the "Total Experience Needed" according to http://ark.gamepedia.com/Levelsinstead of the experience needed values.  So what is happening is that players needing only 9287 experience to reach the next level are having to get 73000 before going to level 74.

3. When clicking the button to add level, instead of adding level 79 it adds level 0.  Clicking again adds level 1, etc..  So this may conflict with settings in the preceding level settings.

4. All of the above for Dino Leveling as well.

5. Dino's are officially only to level 50 times after being tamed, but the experience table by default is set to 119 levels.  Shouldn't this (and Charater Leveling) be set to "Official Game Settings" by default, but admin can still add in extra levels if they want to?

6. The bPvEDisableFriendlyFire=true command does not work.  Maybe it's the "b" at the front of the command line.  I will check and verify this tonight myself.

7. There has been a problem with PvEDemolish.  Player homes and structures are Pve Demolish Allowed within hours of a player logging off the server.

8. There needs to be a button on the console to do "SaveWorld".

9. ADMIN need to be able to dowload their backup and save world files.  Other server hosts provide this feature.

10. ARKON!!  WE NEED ARKON!!  Having no available means to see who is on the server and their steamid's makes it extremely hard for ADMIN to deal with players or interact with them (especially players who use a custom steam id.....ie; hackers and griefers).  RUSTY worked great for Rust and ARKON should work great for Ark as well since it is by the same developer.  ADMIN cannot always get to log in to the game but still need to enter line commands remotely.  Other server hosts allow the use of ARKON.

11. An actual forum thread with all the features and GOOD explainations of the "Server Tools" and "ADMIN Commands" would be helpful.  Trying to decode double negative commands can be confusing at times (ex: PvEDemolishDisabled=False?). I know the ADMIN Commands are really the fault of the developers, but at the very least we need a basic rundown on the "Server Tools".

And lastly, if by some means ADMIN can see the players currently online in the server AND their actual steam id #'s, it would be usefull to have check boxes next to the players listed to "Kick" and "Ban" selected players with a seperate execute button.  This would make things much easier to deal with those "Problem" players.

And lastly, if by some means ADMIN can see the players currently online in the server AND their actual steam id #'s, it would be usefull to have check boxes next to the players listed to "Kick" and "Ban" selected players with a seperate execute button.  This would make things much easier to deal with those "Problem" players.

Arkon does work and can easily do what you're requesting in this last post. If you log into your control panel, you should see a section called  RCON Details. Plug those details into your ARKon and it will work. Once connected through ARKon, you can see all players names and steam64 IDs, you can kick, ban, whitelist or remove from whitelist.

Arkon does work and can easily do what you're requesting in this last post. If you log into your control panel, you should see a section called  RCON Details. Plug those details into your ARKon and it will work. Once connected through ARKon, you can see all players names and steam64 IDs, you can kick, ban, whitelist or remove from whitelist.

I have done all that prior to this post and for some reason ARKON does not connect AT ALL.  And my settings, IP, Port, and Password are correct.  Arkon is up to date.  So something must be happening on server side.

I'm really not trying to sound offensive here. With as many people who aren't having the issues that you are having with ARKon, I would say that the issue is most likely on your end. What errors are you getting?

I understand that you're saying you put in the right info but try these steps maybe?

1. Open ARKon and click on the settings tab

2. Input your RCON info from your survival servers control panel into the server settings area of ARKon

3. Hit the save button just below these details (lower left. not lower right)

4. Click on the name of the profile you just saved. It will be listed on the right side under "server configs"

5. Click the load button under that.

6. Click connect.

7. If that works, you will only have to open arkon and click connect after that.

If that doesn't work, try changing your RCON password in the control panel a few times and repeat steps 1-7

10. ARKON!!  WE NEED ARKON!!  Having no available means to see who is on the server and their steamid's makes it extremely hard for ADMIN to deal with players or interact with them (especially players who use a custom steam id.....ie; hackers and griefers).  RUSTY worked great for Rust and ARKON should work great for Ark as well since it is by the same developer.  ADMIN cannot always get to log in to the game but still need to enter line commands remotely.  Other server hosts allow the use of ARKON.

We do have ARKON support.. not sure what you are talking about there?

All of the other features and bugs have been noted, thank you for taking the time to write that out. :)

A lot of the other things you mentioned (like save world, check Steam IDs, etc) can be done with the ARKON tool or any other RCON tool that supports ARK.

If it's still not working, you must be using custom launch params and have the incorrect RCON password set there or do not have it enabled at all.

It does help,I've used these assets to help build the tool!

I'm really not trying to sound offensive here. With as many people who aren't having the issues that you are having with ARKon, I would say that the issue is most likely on your end. What errors are you getting?

I understand that you're saying you put in the right info but try these steps maybe?

1. Open ARKon and click on the settings tab

2. Input your RCON info from your survival servers control panel into the server settings area of ARKon

3. Hit the save button just below these details (lower left. not lower right)

4. Click on the name of the profile you just saved. It will be listed on the right side under "server configs"

5. Click the load button under that.

6. Click connect.

7. If that works, you will only have to open arkon and click connect after that.

If that doesn't work, try changing your RCON password in the control panel a few times and repeat steps 1-7

Been there done that like 5 times.  I am not new to this. I used Rusty for 5 Rust servers and never had a problem in using it or setting it up.  So like I said something wrong on server side.  Either the details for the server is wrong or something is disabled that I am not aware of with this host. 

We do have ARKON support.. not sure what you are talking about there?

All of the other features and bugs have been noted, thank you for taking the time to write that out. :)

A lot of the other things you mentioned (like save world, check Steam IDs, etc) can be done with the ARKON tool or any other RCON tool that supports ARK.

If it's still not working, you must be using custom launch params and have the incorrect RCON password set there or do not have it enabled at all.

Is there a setting or server.ini command that enables RCON?

Server #6428 details:

RCON Details

IP: 167.114.174.67

Port: 17517

Copied and pasted many times over and entered manually as well. :? 

ARKON LOG:

[12:01:37] Client up to date.

[12:01:54] Connecting...

[12:03:25] Disconnected

[12:03:26] Connecting...

[12:03:34] Disconnected

[12:03:35] Connecting...

[12:18:31] Disconnected

[12:18:46] Connecting...

ARKON tries to connect but never actually does.  It only disconnects when I try to reconnect after I make changes to settings, save, and reload.