Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

ARK: Control Panel Feature Requests

Hey Survivors!

We wanted to create a place where you can post your ideas and thoughts on ways to enhance the Survival Server's Control Panel in relation to ARK. This is that place! We'll be able to respond back to you if this is possible or if we're limited on your idea because of other dependencies such as the game developers, security, etc...

I'll be updating this thread's ideas in this thread as well as adding polling options to gauge popularity and demand for particular items/functionality.

hmm tbh i don't think there is much you could add to contol panel itself atm .

i think we need to learn a lot more about the files and what can be done with them. personally i have done nothing today but scour the ftp files looking for spawn files day night cycle file as these are the 2 things i want to change most right now. 

for me the cycle of day and night is to quick i would prefer a 1 hour day and 15 min night   . and i think all servers have far to many dinos on them atm some areas you walk round a corner and there is 10 - 15 dinos walking round . 

an obvious thing to add to contol panel would be a autosaveworld button that we could press just before we did an update and restart.

It would be nice if we could adjust server settings a little easier without editing via ftp or the command line.

I also second that a save button for us to hit would be great.

Would be nice if we could edit the MOTD through the control panel.

Added to the list

simple click boxes in control panel for server command features.

Added to the list!

Hello Survival Servers,

Thank you for all the hard work you do.

Could an auto update feature be an idea?

So you for an example could set your server to update each day, at a certain timestamp.

Example:

10:00am

Regards

Profetzo

admin console from the webpage so i can do work without being in the game

a broadcast button on the console or shutdown warning button so we can alert players if the server going down for one reason or another and cant log in.

Neither of these two feature requests are currently possible with ARK.

Would be great if we could do the following from the Control Panel. Things to help control

View Players and the names who are on the sever.

Input Admin Commands

View or interact with in game chat.(Post as console)

Have command line arguments clickable options.

can we get a server log viewer?

who died, who logged on, who logged off, who killed who - and all with time-stamps associated

also, if possible, log failure and success access attempts to live people and crafted containers

Neither of these two feature requests are currently possible with ARK.

actually, one of them is possible: admincheat Broadcast - Broadcasts a message to the whole server.

certainly it is possible to code a button that sends this console command

actually, one of them is possible: admincheat Broadcast - Broadcasts a message to the whole server.

certainly it is possible to code a button that sends this console command

The console commands in the game are specific to the game itself, and part of the game code. The sever providers have no programatic way to access the game code and run these commands, as right now this has to be done from an active client logged into the game server. Just because the command in game exists for a player to run, doesn't mean the server can do it - as it's not a client. There is hope that the developers will enable 3rd party support for something like this via an API or webservice, in which case the host/server provider would be able to remotely contact the server and run these commands via commandline or GUI interfaces. 

This is currently not possible, sorry.

yes it is anything is possible with auto hot key

and with razorsynaps i have macros for save world for spawning stuff i got 30 pluss macros for this game that have to do with the ingame console

Would be Great to have a Player List and options next to the names. For instance Mute, Kick/Ban, Game Location, SteamID, In Game Name, ect...

Also check boxes for the Server options the Devs are implementing for the Server's INI 

I know most of this is not available yet, but for future reference these things would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance

,Akillys

I search a solution to display the number of players on my website.

Maybe in the Survival Servers Control Panel a place with a little part of code to add to a php/html page ?

Same with an online/offline code :)

So restarts are in the control panel, can we get a ingame message before the restart or better yet have game saves done right prior to the restart versus the 30 min plus rollback with each restart.

Setting the time for auto restarts instead of just a range.  IE set it to restart at 4:00 am instead of 24 hours from when I last restarted it.  Also automated save and server broadcast at restart.  IE auto save world, do a server announcement that the world is coming down for a reboot, the reboot it.  Not sure if the message is possible but the setting the exact time and the auto save before restart would rock.  

I search a solution to display the number of players on my website.

Maybe in the Survival Servers Control Panel a place with a little part of code to add to a php/html page ?

Same with an online/offline code :)

I would love to see who is on my server as opposed to just a number.  

Setting the time for auto restarts instead of just a range.  IE set it to restart at 4:00 am instead of 24 hours from when I last restarted it.  Also automated save and server broadcast at restart.  IE auto save world, do a server announcement that the world is coming down for a reboot, the reboot it.  Not sure if the message is possible but the setting the exact time and the auto save before restart would rock.  

It is on an exact time schedule, see here:

kznt2TT.png

Actually the most important feature needed is a "saveworld"

This 20 min saveworld is kinda annoying

You need to log in game to log as admin saveworld and after that Restart the server

When you see the amount of update/day

It's a lot of work .

Actually the most important feature needed is a "saveworld"

This 20 min saveworld is kinda annoying

You need to log in game to log as admin saveworld and after that Restart the server

When you see the amount of update/day

It's a lot of work .

In the upcoming patch: 181.0 Server owners will have the ability to set the autosave interval manually. (I assume this is a Config option)