Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

ARK: Control Panel Feature Requests

Not a super savvy server mod here.. but a couple features I really liked in other places was the ability to easily add users to whitelist, admin and exclusive join lists.

Also would like to be able to add the creative mode toggle to a server, to avoid having to manually give players the ability or hand out the cheats passcode.

It might be in there and Im just missing it.  But just a small QoL thing that Id love to see.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Add these ServerSetting as a toggle

So we can build around supply drop locations

PvEAllowStructuresAtSupplyDrops

Added just two days ago, but hell yes.
bAllowFlyerSpeedLeveling

I have them currently in the added stuff in the .ini, but the flying one doesnt seem to work.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/16/2020 at 1:25 PM, AXEHOLE said:

* Better explantion on y our config setup  etc.
So i go through your config, and setup options.  And some items have that have an extra  Info or b utton to explain further,  but I think the VAST MAJORITY of the features could use the same thing,  as the meaning, and function is NOT Clear just by reading the name,   and  I  For one, who Don't have any experience in this department  have to go to Google CONSTANTLY to search and look up all the info regarding that setting,  to clarify what i want to do.

I'm brand spankin' new and trying to learn the ropes as well, and second this! The little question mark or something you could see or hover over to give a better explanation of what changing each value up or down will do (ex: if you increase this value, dinos will do x times more damage - if you decrease this value, dinos will do x times less damage) or something like that?? There were a few things i was doing trial and error with and i feel like i'm making the game harder with tweaking certain things because i'm clueless, haha

• 2 months later...

Will add my request for the ability to adjust itemstack limits via config as the custom InI field isn't allowing enough characters to do it manually and add creature spawners and other custom only settings.

• 1 year later...

I would like to suggest that I have a way to see the actual running game.ini and GameUserSettings.ini after you do whatever voodoo you do to combine them from all the different places on the control panel. The way it is all broken out all over on the web interface makes it hard to see what is actually running. I use the add commands to the end of the file boxes you supply, and also have to add the mods to the main control panel page instead of in the ini file where they belong, so my ini files never seem to reflect them so I have no clue what command/options my server is even running with. 

• 4 weeks later...

You can download the ini files via FTP and look at them.  A good tool for this is FileZilla.  You can also manage your ini files this way by uploading your changes.  However, this method requires you never use the form-based settings editor in the control panel as it will overwrite your uploaded changes.