Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

ARK: Control Panel Feature Requests

Is there a way we can get ShowFloatingDamageText=true  added as a check box all the people on my server want it but i cant for the life of me figure out how to add it and when i put in a ticket for it if i change any settings it takes it off

Done! Added to Modify Server Config tool

Is there a way to allow PVE on weekdays and PVP on weekends? Perhaps an option to enable/disable PVP with the Custom Restart Config. My community has been requesting this limited, "purge" style PVP and I'm afraid I can't always be available to manually update these settings. Please consider this!

I've been very happy with SurvivalServers' quality and look forward to a response.

not sure if this has been answered or if there is something i am missing, but the ability to edit the game.ini and gus.ini directly. would be handy for those of us who would like a more in depth customization of our servers.

not sure if this has been answered or if there is something i am missing, but the ability to edit the game.ini and gus.ini directly. would be handy for those of us who would like a more in depth customization of our servers.

You can edit these files using a File Transfer Protocol (FTP). You can find your log in credentials in your control panel (example IP, Port, User, Pass).

Locate the game.ini and gus.ini here:

..\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\

When you initiate a server restart from the control panel it should require a confirmation. ESPECIALLY if there is someone currently logged in and playing on the server. The ability to add a delay to the restart and an in game warning for the players would also be awesome, but not as important if we have a warning message that says something like "There are players logged into your server right now, are you sure you want to restart it?"

Under "Dinosaur Spawn Configuration", "Scorched Earth Spawn Configuration", et al, please expand the "Replace With" lists to include dinosaurs from all expansions. If I could replace all the Icthyornis spawns with Karkinos, for example, I could kill two birds with one crab.

Additionally, please add an additional section, similar in format to Dino Spawn Configurarion, to make use of the ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer command to allow adding additional creatures to a map. Cave Reapers could turn the underworld of Ragnarok into a much more entertaining nightmare.

I know it's asking a lot, but if there's also a setting to enable me physically smacking a stupid player upside the head, that would be very appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

That exists as a custom launch param already.

I cannot seem to find where this is located. I have looked everywhere. Do you mean if I were to set the server to custom its a parameter I could have access to? I simply don't want to go through the process of setting up an entire command line. It seems like a lot of work. I just want a button I can press that will adjust the custom launch parameters such as ?AllowAnyoneBabyImprintCuddle=true

• 2 weeks later...

That's now how Custom Launch Parameters work, at least that's not how ARK intended them to work.

You need to set map to Custom, add the Custom Launch Params to match the map you want (read the little info boxes next to both Map and Custom Launch Params to see how to get it done)

After that is done you can add in the ?AllowAnyoneBabyImprintCuddle=true to your Custom Launch Parameter textarea.

If you need help getting this done, don't hesitate to submit a support ticket  8-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would like to see Game.ini Custom Code added so we can append edits to Game.ini like this:

OverrideNamedEngramEntries=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_SpyglassPlus_C",EngramHidden=True,EngramPointsCost=1,EngramLevelRequirement=10,RemoveEngramPreReq=False)

Also, you can use GameUserSettings.ini Custom Code to add this:

[ServerSettings]
AllowAnyoneBabyImprintCuddle=true

and it works, which means stuff like AllowAnyoneBabyImprintCuddle could be added as an on/off option in Modify Server Config page.

Also, PvPStructureDecay and other structure decay options seem to be missing.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Easter's Over

how do i get rid of the easter event banner on the control panel?  It's june

In the advance launch parameter tool you should see a checkbox to get rid of the Easter event. After running that then run the clean steamcmd box on the panel and update/validate the server.

• 1 month later...

i would like an ABORT button added to the control panel,,,,,so if you notice you did something wrong you don't have to wait the hour and a half to have your server come back up to then correct what you did or forgot to do and then have to wait another hour and a half to play the game.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

One thing that I think is missing, or at least I am having an issue if this is not working as expected, is that Modify Server Config would actually read what the server has in it.

I screwed up my settings and change them back to default. I had a backup of the configs and threw them into the saved directory and I assumed these settings would appear in the Modify Server Config but nope. Nothing. It's all defaults. I would have expected that to import the setting that are in the ini files. I could help you with that code if you need it. 

• 5 months later...

I would like to build near a drop box just to finish my platform it here a setting or command line that I can put in? A friend that has a server said put this command line in but it doesn't seem to do what I needed it to do.  

PvEAllowStructuresAtSupplyDrops=true 

in GameUserSettings.ini

• 1 month later...
On 6/9/2015 at 11:08 PM, grimm74 said:

hmm tbh i don't think there is much you could add to contol panel itself atm .

i think we need to learn a lot more about the files and what can be done with them. personally i have done nothing today but scour the ftp files looking for spawn files day night cycle file as these are the 2 things i want to change most right now. 

for me the cycle of day and night is to quick i would prefer a 1 hour day and 15 min night   . and i think all servers have far to many dinos on them atm some areas you walk round a corner and there is 10 - 15 dinos walking round . 

an obvious thing to add to contol panel would be a autosaveworld button that we could press just before we did an update and restart.

I have Day at "0.25" and Night at "2" seems playable, but will have a good setting by 1.11

• 2 months later...

I am NEW  to using your Services, and getting my own server with you.   I don't know everything YET>  But approx 1 week  into my new server  here are some suggestions.

AND i want to say,  Very happy with your services  / server so far,  No down time,  and even with - 0  experience in this kind of thing, I am not having very many major issues,, although there is a lot of trial and error  figuring things out.

These may have been covered in other posts,, I however did not read all 15 pagers of suggestions yet :)

On Control panel web page,  should be an ez access, easy to read LOG< of all that has happened in last 24 hours on the server,  you can read a basic list,  see who is on, who is off, who got raided,  killed  etc.   So I can do a quick check  before im off to work for the day, or at the end of the day when i get home.

* Better explantion on y our config setup  etc.
So i go through your config, and setup options.  And some items have that have an extra  Info or b utton to explain further,  but I think the VAST MAJORITY of the features could use the same thing,  as the meaning, and function is NOT Clear just by reading the name,   and  I  For one, who Don't have any experience in this department  have to go to Google CONSTANTLY to search and look up all the info regarding that setting,  to clarify what i want to do.

Is it possible to change the Character limit, on the server title,  really doesnt let me list  boosted settings and xp etc without knowing all the oodles of short forms of everything,  which I don't,   having a Longer Server name character amount would be nice to throw in some extra tidbits of info for those looking for a server.

I noticed there are no dino options available for Ark extinction in the setup files,  for dino spawns  etc.  I thought Mana's were only avail there,  and should be spawn options for titans   Unless I dont know somethign  which is entirely possible :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Would love it if you could manually edit what things give what exp, like you can in the game already. For example, setting it so that crafting things gives 10% exp of normal, but killing things gives 2x as much xp as normal.

Currently you only have one overall setting for general xp, but the game both supports, and has it built into its options, that you can manually adjust each of these things.

As an example, here's the one for xp for killing things:
KillXPMultiplier=1.00000

This is in the game.ini file.