Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

ARK: Control Panel Feature Requests

I noticed some people already asking for it but not any info if it is on the todo list:

Custom Game.ini text box ala custom GUI.ini box that currently is there.

This is helpful for when wanting to disable just a handful of engrams, especially those added by mods.

Also noticed that every engram will be overwriten if you just edit 1 vanilla engram, meaning ingame engram lag for those with lower specs. Would be nice to only put a line with engramoverwrite for those lines you edited through the control panel.

Because of both points above I can't just adjust the settings of the server without taking it down again to edit the game.ini manual through ftp before starting the server..

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Requesting the launch param for "?OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0" be added to the control panel as there is currently no way to implement this on SS servers.

It was a change made back in Oct 2016, requested in this thread: https://www.survivalservers.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3600-overrideofficialdifficulty/

But locked because its a feature request, and then referred to here. But I can't see any follow up.

It's quite an important parameter, so would be good to have it implemented on SS.

Edit : I searched the thread and found a dev note that it had been added, but am still unable to find where it's located on the control panel.

• 2 weeks later...

Can we get a checkbox in the control panel for ShowFloatingDamageText=true and also can i put this in the custom launch parameters. If so how and where would i apply it with a custom map like Ragnarok.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible for you to add the cluster server info so we can see who is on, restart it and so on. Would be nice to be able to restart cluster servers without having to restart all at once.

• 3 weeks later...

Could you add a Game.ini file configuration window, like the one for GameUserSettings.ini

It keeps getting overwritten when one makes changes to it that isn't in the GUI.

howdy,

i would like to suggest if this option could be added to the UI ShowFloatingDamageText=True at the moment the custom ini part dosent work so i have to shut down the server and delete the gameusersettings.ini and add ShowFloatingDamageText=True manually it would be great if i could just checkmark it instead uf haveing to do all that.

Hi, please add these to control panel.

bAllowPlatformSaddleMultiFloors=true
bAllowUnlimitedRespecs=true
bDisableStructurePlacementCollision=true
SupplyCrateLootQualityMultiplier=5
FishingLootQualityMultiplier=5
CraftingSkillBonusMultiplier=1
AllowCrateSpawnsOnTopOfStructures=true
PvEAllowStructuresAtSupplyDrops=true
AllowFlyingStaminaRecovery=true

I end up changing most of the things via the FTP because that is what i know and what i am use to.. Though it causes conflicts because it does not sync with the website console, so i have to make the changes in the FTP and if the options are on the website console i have to change them there as well.

I was sent a reply to a ticket about using the custom launch params instead, but i have no idea how to set that up and frankly i do not see the problem with doing what i know and accepting the issues that may come with it.

That being said if we give a suggestion you ask for, you probably should not swat it out of the air saying there's another way around for this suggestion.

We suggest these changes because they are easier for the users, who are paying for the service you offer.  Its user friendly options that are being suggested, the same options that could bring more customers to you if the host was easier for even people with NO experience running a server to use.

1. Check box options are great and very user friendly for even a novice. (Theres at least 3-4 hosts with these in place currently)

2. Website side access to the files for changes like Game.ini and GameUserSetting.ini are super handy and convenient.(there is at least one host that has this)

3. Having a nice friendly layout that tells you what does what and what values can be used makes it very easy to understand and make changes without fear of messing up the server and seeking help for what they may have messed up.(So far this is the only host that has explained the options that are check boxes or inputs, making it very clear what each does)

4. Great customer service when an issue does happen is great. (so far every ticket we have put in has been answered within 30 minutes or sooner which is fantastic)

I know its work to make changes and it may not even be easy to do but it would be a nice quality of life for both existing customers and future ones.

Anyway, thanks for your time and consideration, i have more server changes to make so we can open the doors again after wiping.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was sent a reply to a ticket about using the custom launch params instead, but i have no idea how to set that up and frankly i do not see the problem with doing what i know and accepting the issues that may come with it.

That being said if we give a suggestion you ask for, you probably should not swat it out of the air saying there's another way around for this suggestion.

This is the exact protocol and the way ARK developers recommend doing it. So we are not "swatting" anything out of the way. That's the official way it is done. I understand some of the settings can be accessed via .ini file as well but some variables are meant to be in the Launch Params and not in the .ini and we are not straying from the official way of doing things that the devs recommend.

It is incredibly easy to modify your Custom Launch Params and we'd be glad to help you with that if you ask via ticket.

Hi, please add these to control panel.

bAllowPlatformSaddleMultiFloors=true
bAllowUnlimitedRespecs=true
SupplyCrateLootQualityMultiplier=5
FishingLootQualityMultiplier=5
CraftingSkillBonusMultiplier=1
AllowCrateSpawnsOnTopOfStructures=true
AllowFlyingStaminaRecovery=true

All added! These are launch params:

AllowCrateSpawnsOnTopOfStructures=true<br/>OPTIONAL, Allow crates to spawn on top of structures.<br/><br/>
AllowFlyingStaminaRecovery=true<br/>OPTIONAL, Allows stamina to recover while flying.<br/><br/>
PvEAllowStructuresAtSupplyDrops=true<br/>OPTIONAL, Allows structures at supply drops on PvE servers.<br/><br/>

Would Luv to see these settings in CPanel as checkboxes. We currently have to FTP them

In Game.ini

In GameUserSettings.ini
ShowFloatingDamageText=true

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

This one's probably a bit hairy, but a toggle for

bUseSingleplayerSetting=

would be helpful

Added

Would Luv to see these settings in CPanel as checkboxes. We currently have to FTP them

In Game.ini

In GameUserSettings.ini

Thanks

These are all already added. Disable Structure Placement Collision is in the MSC tool. The others are Custom Launch Parameters.

One of the more recent patches added a launch parameter to wipe all creatures on server start:

?ServerAutoForceRespawnWildDinosInterval=SECONDS

Sounds very useful, but I'm not sure I understand the syntax to correctly use this for my server without being implemented in the control panel.

Can we have the option to either A: enable Friendly fire on PVP servers or B: Allow appendages to the game.ini like you have it set up to do the gameusersettings.ini I keep going FTP to change game but obviously it gets overwritten :(

bDisableFriendlyFire=True is the command that goes in game.ini

• 2 weeks later...

Hi im currently a Sub on a server so Im aware im limited on my controls but I couldnt find 

"?OverrideStructurePlatformPrevention=true".

Any info on that or possibility to add would be great because the owner of the server doesnt get on very often. Thanks

Hi im currently a Sub on a server so Im aware im limited on my controls but I couldnt find 

"?OverrideStructurePlatformPrevention=true".

Any info on that or possibility to add would be great because the owner of the server doesnt get on very often. Thanks

That normally goes within the launch parameter. It will go at the end of the full line of code. If you submit a ticket we can help out more.

Also if anyone has questions about issues please start a topic in the help area or submit a ticket. This area is for control panel request.

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible to add the following option in the server settings somewhere?

What this does it show floating damage numbers, and anytime the server is updated, or changes are made to the ini file you have to manually connect via filezilla into the ini file and add it at the top, then force /another/ server restart for the changes to take effect.

Maybe this option is already available, and I just don't see it, but jesus this is extremely annoying to have to double restart your server just to keep your floating damage text enabled. 

Plz? <3

Would it be possible to add the following option in the server settings somewhere?

What this does it show floating damage numbers, and anytime the server is updated, or changes are made to the ini file you have to manually connect via filezilla into the ini file and add it at the top, then force /another/ server restart for the changes to take effect.

Maybe this option is already available, and I just don't see it, but jesus this is extremely annoying to have to double restart your server just to keep your floating damage text enabled. 

Plz? <3

What this does it show floating damage numbers, and anytime the server is updated, or changes are made to the ini file you have to manually connect via filezilla into the ini file and add it at the top, then force /another/ server restart for the changes to take effect.

Maybe this option is already available, and I just don't see it, but as it is now, it's extremely annoying having to double restart a server to re-enable the floating damage numbers. 

• 1 month later...

We haven't added it for a couple reasons

1/ not enough requests from other customers

2/ not really a necessary data point for customers to manage their servers. I don't really see any practical reason (correct me if I am wrong) for that data.

• 4 weeks later...

Add all (Aberration) harvestable items to the "Harvestable Items Multiplier Overrides" section.

I've noticed some items are missing from the "Harvestable Items Multiplier Overrides" section. Best example the comes to mind is fish meat. That's been in the game for quite a while and I would expect all items to be in there.

With the new aberration map, there are a lot of new harvestable items like fungal wood, gems, and a variety of mushrooms. I've been using individual item overrides instead of the global multiplier to prevent harvest lag, but I've had to turn it back on with these new items. I've tried and failed to add them manually using their names from spawn commands but it didn't seem to work. I'd really like to be able to 'unclamp' dino harvesting again but I can't until I can edit each item's gather rates.

I noticed under the "Dinosaur Spawn Configuration" the creatures of Patch 252; Achatina, Megalosaurus, Moschops, and Pachyrhinosaurus are completely missing as options for the editable creatures list. While the creatures of later patches were included. Would it be possible to add these four missing creatures to the "Dinosaur Spawn Configuration" still? 

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way we can get ShowFloatingDamageText=true  added as a check box all the people on my server want it but i cant for the life of me figure out how to add it and when i put in a ticket for it if i change any settings it takes it off