Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

ARK: Control Panel Feature Requests

Wondering the status of us being able to override difficulty? 

Current Version: v247.95

* Servers can now override their difficulty above 4.0, using "?OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0" or whatever number they want. Be careful not to go too high!

Hey,

I would like to request a couple of additions to the control panel.

1) the ability to schedule the time for the server restart (e.g. 5:00 a.m. rather than an every 12 hours or something)

2) The ability to save server configuration stuff without restarting (e.g. change motd time for the next restart, etc.)

3) a way to force a backup from the webpage

Thanks,

Kj

We are working on a clustered option for custom launch params but there is no ETA at this time.

Would really appreciate this being added as my server is styled after officials (no mods). Really rubbing my players the wrong way that we have less difficulty.

Ark Features in Panel?

Would be nice feature for all the games, to have maybe a separate popup window that shows in game real time errors, chats between players, and ability to kick and message without logging in.

I have another suggestion after running into issues starting my cluster with the latest patch.  Can we look into getting the webpage to output something showing the progress of the steamcmd and other processes in the background?  Took about an hour for my server to start and I'm positive it was due to restarting it right when the patch released, and it being 2.5GB, but currently we have no way to tell if its running, what % is complete, or if it hung halfway through and we are just sitting at the restart popup window waiting for no reason.

Even if its not possible for us to get live updating of the % complete of a patch and update, even just outputting some of the logs in real time to the screen would be nice.

Hey,

I would like to request a couple of additions to the control panel.

1) the ability to schedule the time for the server restart (e.g. 5:00 a.m. rather than an every 12 hours or something)

2) The ability to save server configuration stuff without restarting (e.g. change motd time for the next restart, etc.)

3) a way to force a backup from the webpage

Thanks,

Kj

As an expansion or replacement to 2 above:  I have to run  a hybrid game.ini (the engam configuration in sspanel does not produce working game.ini's at the moment as it seems Ark has moved to the explicitly included model (e.g. must have bOnlyAllowSpecifiedEngrams=true and list everything you want to show rather than list the things you don't).  What this means in my case is that I have to produce the game.ini file from sspanel for the things that sspanel produces and then ftp, edit in my engram overrides and restart again.  Instead of having an automatic restart attached to outputting the file, can there be an 'advanced' option to output it into a text window or an alternate file name?

edit:  I can now run implicit engram overrides again, but only with the "name" version (e.g.   OverrideNamedEngramEntries=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_Grenade_C",EngramHidden=True)   as opposed to the index version).  I don't recall which the sspanel uses and have not retested it.  I have extra overrides so must do the hybrid thing in any case.

It would most definitely be nice to be able to make changes and save them without actually restarting the server right then and there.  A simple Save and NOT restart button would be great.

I'd love to see that overridedifficulty for clusters appear too.....:(

We are working on a clustered option for custom launch params but there is no ETA at this time.

Any word on this? Without this option, in addition to being stuck at 4.0 difficulty on a clustered server, we also can't enable the setting to allow anyone to care for baby dinos except the person who claimed / initially imprinted upon them. It's hard to find a balance that still requires a time commitment and keeps it challenging without also demanding the person give up their normal sleep schedule and dedicate their lives to the game for 1-3 days. The aforementioned feature would easily resolve this.

Unfortunately it's not an easily overhaul but progress is there. Prior to getting the clustered option for custom launch params / customized config, we need to finish our Modify Server Config tool to get updated with all of the latest patches (still a few patches outdated) which is the biggest amount of work prior to getting that done. I'd rather do it right and not rushed than rush out a buggy, unorganized feature that leads to more issues. We have a relatively stable backend right now (with lots of complex code getting everything situated perfectly) and adding new features has to be done very carefully.

Unfortunately it's not an easily overhaul but progress is there. Prior to getting the clustered option for custom launch params / customized config, we need to finish our Modify Server Config tool to get updated with all of the latest patches (still a few patches outdated) which is the biggest amount of work prior to getting that done. I'd rather do it right and not rushed than rush out a buggy, unorganized feature that leads to more issues. We have a relatively stable backend right now (with lots of complex code getting everything situated perfectly) and adding new features has to be done very carefully.

Thanks for the update anyways. I just wish the Wildcard Studio communicated the way you do regarding design/programming issues. Not being in the dark is alleviating if nothing else.

Would be great if the time under server details showed up in the time zone of where the server is located.  Example would be if its out of Dallas Tx the server time showing would be Central not PST.

A really really BIG REQUEST is to have a space somewhere in the config panel where you could add custom code that needs to be added to the ini's.

For example some mods have little bits of customization code that you can add to the gameusersettings.ini to customize some of the parameters for the mods.  If there could be a field at the bottom of the server config panel where you can put these to have them added to the bottom of the ini when the config panel generates it that would be awesome and time saving!

Can we get a check box for 'show floating damage text' in the 'modify server config' menu?

Being that any other modifications to the server config overwrite the manual entry, it's quite obnoxious to have to edit config, start/restart server, stop server, manually edit ini file, start server again.

This is unless of course I'm missing something or making things difficult for myself, which sadly is true more often than not. 

Dinosaur Spawn Configuration

Have clearly marked sections: Carno/Herb/Aquatic

Have link to ARK wiki to show dino info

Procedural Map Configuration

Have a reset button to change parameters back default values

Dinosaur Spawn Configuration

Have clearly marked sections: Carno/Herb/Aquatic

Have link to ARK wiki to show dino info

Procedural Map Configuration

Have a reset button to change parameters back default values

Great ideas, all added to the list!

Being able to give your 2nd cluster server a different name.. the "2|" in front of it just looks silly

Would be very happy with a "%HOSTEDBY% - %MAPNAME%" system.. which would make a lot more sense as well to be honest

oh.. and as always .. the "ShowFloatingDamageText=true" option which probably has been asked about a million times  8-)