Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

ARK: Control Panel Feature Requests

It would be awesome to get a reset to default button under each tab for level exp/engram points, per level stat multipliers, changing engrams, and changing harvest rates. Most are 1 by default, so having that button can be really nice when re-balancing tamed dinos on a server. 

It would be really nice if you could amend the ini files without ftp. I know Nitrado has that option in their webclient. 

It would be nice if when we logged into our control panel, there would be a notification that our server was undergoing maintenance, whether scheduled or unscheduled. Is this possible?

If there is any maintenance going on your server would be under intervention lock.

We typically don't have enough time to schedule/message for unplanned emergency maintenance but if it's something planned we typically email a notice beforehand with a specified timeframe.

You can add that to the Custom Launch Parameters, that is different from a launch line toggle. I know, a bit confusing, but that's how the devs made it to be :P

2016-07-29_12h29_53.png

not to beat a dead horse here but there is a LOT of things you say "stick in the custom Launch params" that you CAN add to the .ini yourself and make them work without useing the customlaunch params such as the TItanosaur thing, preventing diseases, showing damage numbers etc, all we're asking for is some extra check boxes that input these in the .ini for us instead of having to FTP them in manually.

It would be great if the panel could read the settings directly from the game files. Some of the settings I changed manually (like adding more levels, changing XP rates) and the panel does not load those from the file but uses the info I set through panel although it is outdated.  

• 2 weeks later...

It would be great if the panel could read the settings directly from the game files. Some of the settings I changed manually (like adding more levels, changing XP rates) and the panel does not load those from the file but uses the info I set through panel although it is outdated.  

It would be great as everything I have going on my server is done via the INI files, and the server config and custom launch parameters are like 4 months old.. but would be nice for it to all pick up on the INI files so in case I do need to use the server config of custom launch parameters, I don't somehow type in conflicting info.

Possibly a silly idea, but a "wipe mod folder" button might be handy? Doing it via FTP takes forever and its something that would be useful if theres mod problems which need a fresh install.
 Similar subject, but is there a way to validate the mods entered in the "Mod ID" box instead of having to always use FTP? I mean the box is there to make it easier to run a server, but makes a mess if a corrupt mod installation occurs.

in the modify server config window, can we get a means to add mod specific settings in this window, since the only way right now is it FTP in to do it.

ie, i use the light controller mod to turn them on at dusk, and off at dawn.

so i have to do this;

[LightController] 
ExclusionList=Forge_C,Campfire_C
InclusionList= 
PostDawnOffsetInSeconds=0 
PreDuskOffsetInSeconds=0 

to set it up properly, and modify what i want it to control for me.

thank you in advance for considering this,
Two

Can you change the GUI of Control panel in such way that we can understand it much easier when change multipliers from default stats to min or max like below ?

faster   --- default --- slow

<---------------|-------------->

Thanks.

hi,

i got basicly the same question as Kjarstin, is it possible to put in a checkbox to allow other tribe members to inprint dino's ? would be a great option so i dont have to mess around in the dangerous and for me un formilliar files of .ini :P

im talking about this command

?AllowAnyoneBabyImprintCuddle=true

also, might i suggest maybe a checkbox to able and enable the feature for seeing dmg while in game?

more exact the ini command

?ShowFloatingDamageText=true

befor ppl answer my request i will note that i know i can change it myself in the ini files. yes, but to be honest im affraid that if i mess something else up in the progress that the server might not run like it should , so i prefere to stay out the files if i dont realy need to change stuff in it (bad experiences with minecraft).

thank you.

Both of those are launch params and not implemented as config inputs.

maybe i dont understand it to well, can be wrong,.. i ventured in to the world of filezilla and i changed my ini .. trouble now is that im getting bugged becaus the controle pannel AND the changes in the ini file dont work together... i used the very usefull tutorial from this forum, and its pretty straight forward to change..

yes i run a modded game, and i made setup changers, there not standard, but still, .. i managed to get it running, after 2 days and nights... still wonder if its that hard to fix 2 hit boxes.. seems to me its just a simular codeline than the other stuff thats in it, like allowing thirde person view.. cave building and dino pickup.. anyway.. it works. for now.. but maybe its a good idear to have a look at that command console becaus its a mess combining the two.

just some friendly imput from a non knowlageble costumer.

• 2 weeks later...

For those of us running clusters, any way we can get the control panel to function more like we have 2 seperate servers in regards to whats displayed, what controls we have, etc?  I've had some instances where one server in my cluster crashed but not the other, and there is no way to tell from the control panel what is going on with the second clustered server.  It would also be nice to be able to configure them seperately tho I know currently the way clusters work that might be a nightmare you guys aren't ready to take on.  At minimum tho it would be nice to be able to stop/restart/etc the individual instances, see they are running, etc.

Awesome!  Also, this just happened:

Current Version: v247.95
* Servers can now override their difficulty above 4.0, using "?OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0" or whatever number they want. Be careful not to go too high!

Please add in the change in the way server difficulty is done to the control panel. :D  Patch notes are not clear if this is an INI file option or a command line start option only or what, but it definitely is important enough to get its own control panel box when you guys get a chance!  Thanks!

hey all...

would like to see the option "ShowFloatingDamageText" to be added as well ( i know it's been asked  8-) )

secondly.. my page is always showing the red box warning about my ark version being out of date although it's just been updated.. perhaps it's a bug.. perhaps it's because it uses the map scorched.. perhaps it's my browser (safari on mac) ??

thanks!

[edit] .. i saw that last question being answered elsewhere in the forum.. thanks!