Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

ARK: Control Panel Feature Requests

Hey, would it be possible to get a "Memory Used" read-out on the control panel?   I suspect that something in Ark has a memory leak, but I can't track that down and do my own troubleshooting because I can't see how much ram my server is currently consuming.

• 2 weeks later...

Is is possible to edit the settings of the server and save them and then the next time you restart the server the changes will be made?

Ex: I add a mod then save the changes but with out restarting. I close my web browser. Then a few hours later I restart the server when no one is on and the mod is now in the game and the only thing I have to click is the restart button.

Maybe it is also a good option to make a look-a-like 'ARKON web-based version' in the Control panel? would be nice for players too have it in their control panel.

Yes i know there is already a Web-based ARKON but making it in you're own control panel would be alot nicer.

Any conceivable way to add a VAC exception list? I have a friend who got VAC banned from single player (he is not on the ARK Banlist) but I do not want to disable VAC to allow him into my server or have him use an alt account just to play.  I have seen this on other engines, but unsure how VAC actually checks (presumably using the SteamID64).  For anyone who cares, he was using a cheat engine to spawn in infinite metal structures as he was building some crazy pyramid thing that covered half the map...yeah he was lazy and paid the price for it. 

What Andrew said would be very helpful.

I searched around and found something similar but that was about early on. We can get a save 5 minute option for restart. For instance today our map got an update, but I couldn't just restart the server to update the map because someone was on. Would be nice if i could push an option to restart but give the server say a 5 minute warning instead of just dead stopping server. With steam doing auto updates that leave people that want on out because of mod mismatches.

Sent you guys a support ticket on my idea, didnt see this forum or post haha. But would like to see an option to add in the Valentines day command for servers '' -vday! ''.

And as well as what Andrew said, being able to edit servers without having to restart ( applying changes after restart)

I'd like to see an alert added.  If my server stops and I'm not currently logged into the control panel an alert would be awesome (I'd personally like an SMS alert but anything would be great really).

...I just encountered this exact scenario, my server was down and I didn't know it.

Can DisableStructureDecayPvE=(true/false) be added to the server config it goes in GameUserSettings.ini

Also for some reason at one point I set StructureDamageMultiplier to 0 thinking it was a different setting (btw it describes it as "Changes the amount of damage structures get dealt" but it's actually how much they deal ... mostly it determines how much dmg spike walls deal) and when I changed it back to 1 it saves it in the control panel but when I ftp in to add DisableStructureDecayPvE=true I noticed it's still being saved as 0.

Just thought i'd let you know about that last bit dunno why it happens.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I want to allow fliers in caves on my server using the default map but i'm not sure where/how to add -ForceAllowCaveFlyers in the control panel ... is it something that will have to be added as a tick box or some such? It's a command line option.

Awesome, thanks for the communications!! just out of curiosity, how often are the updates?

I haven't released one for the ARK config tool for a few weeks but I will have some time tomorrow to at least add the new dinos from the patch today and a few other simple additions like that ones you mentioned. It's just tedious keeping it up-to-date constantly. Sorry. :)

Hello Ryan!

If it is possible we would like to see these two options added to the control panel.

bServerGameLogEnabled=True or ServerGameLogEnabled=True

bForceAllStructureLocking=True or ForceAllStructureLocking=True

And yeah also, we are waiting for the -ForceAllowCaveFlyers and the new dinos to be added into the control panel.

We're going to have to make that a launch parameter.

For some reason the ARK devs made that a command line option not a .ini setting, very annoying. So that will take some time, sorry about that.

EDIT: I have implemented the fix for this. If you toggle it or have it toggled on in your ARK modify server config tool it will add the -ForceAllowCaveFlyers in your launch at Start/Restart

We're going to have to make that a launch parameter.

For some reason the ARK devs made that a command line option not a .ini setting, very annoying. So that will take some time, sorry about that.

EDIT: I have implemented the fix for this. If you toggle it or have it toggled on in your ARK modify server config tool it will add the -ForceAllowCaveFlyers in your launch at Start/Restart

Awesome, it works.  Thank you very much.

Is there any reason why the ForceAllowCaveFlyers can not be a checkbox on the main page? I REALLY don't want my custom config messed up by your config tool (which it will do if I edit it to check the box). As this is a startup option, it makes more sense to be on the main config page IMHO. Please consider this change.

Yep, it's being moved to another window which will contain all launch params. Should have it done by the end of the day.

In the mean time you can rename your Game.ini / GameUserSettings.ini to Game.ini-bckup and GameUserSettings.ini-bckup, save the cave flyer toggle, and then overwrite the generated Game.ini / GameUserSettings.ini with your two backup files.

Yep, it's being moved to another window which will contain all launch params. Should have it done by the end of the day.

In the mean time you can rename your Game.ini / GameUserSettings.ini to Game.ini-bckup and GameUserSettings.ini-bckup, save the cave flyer toggle, and then overwrite the generated Game.ini / GameUserSettings.ini with your two backup files.

sweet, thanks for the response Ryan! :D

I think maybe adding in a better description under the options in the server config button. Right now when I raise or lower numbers I have to boot up my server to see how it works which takes time. Just a short description example like (Increasing this will make dinos more resistant) or (decreasing this option will make you suffer more damage from all sources).

Thanks!!

I think maybe adding in a better description under the options in the server config button. Right now when I raise or lower numbers I have to boot up my server to see how it works which takes time. Just a short description example like (Increasing this will make dinos more resistant) or (decreasing this option will make you suffer more damage from all sources).

Thanks!!

All of that information is available here - http://ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration

I'll add that link to the tool :)