Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Config changes wipe the server.

Tomface

Pretty critical bug. Any config changes using the config file in the FTP (The only option we seem to have to edit the servers we rent) result in the entire server resetting to default (All characters and progress gone).

This is pretty untenable as a customer. I'd like to play around with the config settings, make the server passwordless etc. 

Is there an ETA for a fix? Will have to look for another provider if not, while the setup process was smooth and easy for initial rental, it's been headaches ever since.

I understand not allowing the gameserver config file to be edited (to stop people bumping maxplayer count), the game config itself should really be freely editable.

Cheers

Exactly the same thing I just experienced. Set my clan size to 10 in the FTP. Logged in and server is wiped.  My players are cool with it this morning but it's definitely something that needs to be addressed.

Hello, how are you modifying the settings? New to survivalservers, but would also like to increase my clan size to 10. And would also like this to not wipe our progress. Any help or pointing in the right direction would be greatly appreciated, thanks!