Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Launch day, what to expect

Ryan Pennington

Good evening folks!

Phew, it's been a while since we've been hyped up for an Early Access launch. This one looks big! Valheim definitely caught us off guard so I'd like to drop some notes below from some of the previous launches we've been part of and what you can expect from your Survival Servers game server on that first week. Of course, we'll drop any important information in our "pinned" notices at the top of your V Rising game server page.

image.png

Here's what you can expect on launch day -

Will this game be clunky/laggy?

It appears that they've tested this one pretty well, but time will tell. Fortunately they have another PvP game (Battlerite) and have a lot of experience running game servers.

Joining the server - how do we get in?

There is a server browser. You will find your server by the name.

We have a page ready for launch day on our Wiki, you can check here for potentially more updated information -

https://survivalservers.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Join_a_V_Rising_Server

Is data transferrable from PC to game server?

We cannot be certain but it does look similar to Valheim where the locally hosted world is the same file and can be transferred over.

What are the max number of players?

The recommendation set by Stunlock from the V Rising Q&A is that the game supports up to 40 players

Are there wipes?

It does not look like there are programmed wipes in the game as progression is PvE backed. For PvP servers, we will be providing a wipe option that can be manually ran per usual like our other game server offerings.

What time is launch?

5 am PST on May 17th.

How will the DLC be activated on servers and can you play with other non-DLC players on your server?

We don't really know the answer to this question but if they are cosmetic items I would imagine they'd be tied to your character and it would function like Rust items.

image.gif

The throne awaits..

I appreciate that you guys are in the weeds right now, but an ETA would be great so I could at least have an idea of when the servers may be up and running so I can let the rest of the people in my community know.

So another question.  When I try to load up my server without it being password locked I get this error:

image.png.9af13d43cd3eb9bc6ec98234667655c8.png

How do I fix this?

Are the servers fully functioning? Using New York and Control Panel shows Started however both Steam and In-Game Direct Connect show the server in 'Not Responding' status.

The V-Rising Wiki section is sparse atm for connection troubleshooting. There also does not appear to be a configuration control panel.

Password is fixed. PvE toggle goes in FTP for now while we work on getting the config variable added to our control panel (in the next few hours)

Location of file to edit is /VRisingServer_Data/StreamingAssets/Settings/ServerGameSettings.json

GameModeType=PvE

using just the PVE edit line in the .json file kept PvP and castle raiding enabled but wiped the server (all wipe settings in control panel are disabled in my personal server). We arent very far so its not that concerning but just an FYI for anyone reading this. 

10 minutes ago, Brozine said:

using just the PVE edit line in the .json file kept PvP and castle raiding enabled but wiped the server (all wipe settings in control panel are disabled in my personal server). We arent very far so its not that concerning but just an FYI for anyone reading this. 

Thanks, any idea what other lines should be edited for PvE config? 

9 minutes ago, bard said:

Thanks, any idea what other lines should be edited for PvE config? 

Personally, just going to wait till this evening for Ryan/Team to add the config widget or the full .json parameters for the server. I'm not sure personally and dont want to mess with the file anymore than what Ryan shared. 

2 hours ago, Areoc said:

So another question.  When I try to load up my server without it being password locked I get this error:

image.png.9af13d43cd3eb9bc6ec98234667655c8.png

How do I fix this?

I am currently having the same issue

5 minutes ago, Brozine said:

Personally, just going to wait till this evening for Ryan/Team to add the config widget or the full .json parameters for the server. I'm not sure personally and dont want to mess with the file anymore than what Ryan shared. 

Fair enough, thanks. Did find a list of presets in /StreamingAssets/GameSettingPresets though, just an FYI.

My server just says Loading and I cant find it in the server browser...to be honest I cant find ANY servers in the server browser. I added my server to steam servers and it says its running but if I try and connect through there nothing happens. Any help would be great!

edit: I was able to directly connect to the server using the IP address in game. Still odd that the server does not show up in the browser.