Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

ARK not updating properly to the latest version?

There's a bug fix announcement related to Custom Launch Paramater customers here:

[Fix] Bug with ARK server control panel Update & Restart button not working properly if Custom Launch Parameters is toggled on.

update for version 189 will not take. updated 3-4 times with no resolve.

i have not had time to place a ticket as i am pressed to head out the door. but my server is  #7336.

any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I got problem with update my server to v189 verison... did tried update it few time but it won't go to v189.. any help? 

Server ID # 7621

Edit: actually my server just finally got verison v189. 

Mine at first wouldn't update. Tried four or five times (I didn't spam it, waited a good 15 minutes in between each time). 

Now it seems as though the update finally kicked off but now it won't actually  startup. The version has shown as '???' for the last hour and a half.

Server #7668

I saw an older semi related post that said to wipe your steamapps folder via ftp and then update. I am going to run some errands and if the issue is not resolved by then I will be the guinea pig and try it.

Does anyone know if these threads are even monitored during the USTZ weekends? My server was staying at 188.2 and would not update past, but when I got back home from shopping the server is now "Stopped" and can not restart. Quite frustrating seeing as this is my only play time and its difficult to get a good community on a server if there are issues after updates like this.

Anyhow, most times you Survival Server folks are pretty good and fixing this stuff so I have high hopes....just hope it does not take all day to fix.

attempting to delete the steamapps directory while the server is in stopped state results in the following error for the /steamapps/downloading/376030/ShooterGame/Binaries/Win64/ShooterGame.exe. This also occurs for /steamapps/temp/376030/ShooterGame/Binaries/Win64/ShooterGame.exe and /steamapps/temp/376030/ShooterGame/Binaries/Win64/ShooterGameServer.exe.

This file is banned on server!
Cannot DELE. No permission.

may just mean the downloader has locked the file to download the update or it may mean something else but placing this here as it relates to the mention of deleting steamapps to correct server not coming up after update...

I have this problem after update to 189 btw...   #6648

moving the server to new location, fixed my problem...

Which effectively wipes your world out, doesn't it?

yeah if it does that then I can't do that since I'm not the only one who plays on the server and I rather avoid that.

I'm trying it. Transferred all the files from 'ShooterGame/Saved/SavedArk<serverid>' so that I could reupload them should it actually fix the issue.

Confirmed that choosing a new location fixes it (which in retrospect makes sense considering it's just nuking the old VM and giving you a brand new one).

Same issue as the others. Waited 20 minutes to 3 hours between update attempts. No response on ticket.

Ticket#792590

Server#7729

Thank you for your assistance.

Here is what I did:

state_376030_346111.patch had timestamp of 7/25/15 6:43pm

/steamapps/downloading/376030/ShooterGame/Binaries/

3 files, all 0 bytes,  Timestamp 7/25/15 6:43pm

Renamed Win64 folder to -Win64 and restarted server from control panel

Refreshed directory of /steamapps/downloading/376030/ShooterGame/Binaries/ and all had correct file sizes with new time stamp

Server still only loaded with 188.2

Tried renaming state_376030_346111.patch and recieved internal error, but the file size then jumped to 481,656

Server now up at v189.0

Tried both of those suggestions with no progress. Submitted a ticket this morning and still don't even have a ticket #. Is anyone on? someone please let us know ...something, that you are working on it. That you have received our grievances. That we as paying customers even exist!

Tried both of those suggestions with no progress. Submitted a ticket this morning and still don't even have a ticket #. Is anyone on? someone please let us know ...something, that you are working on it. That you have received our grievances. That we as paying customers even exist!

Yeah, I don't have a ticket # as well.  At first I thought it was just the ticket submitting system was down but since others like you have said they haven't even gotten a ticket # as well, it changed my mind.

I'm not the one who owns the server I play on, but I am being the admin for it and trying to keep it updated it for my friend who is the one who owns the server.  He's on vacation right now and won't be able to update it while he is away so he left it to me to keep running so people can still play on it.

I guess Survival Servers has a lot of people off for the weekends or something and a big patch like this causes issues.  If I recall I think this happened before on the last big patch that was released on the weekend for this game.

Moving the server to another location worked for me, though first I ftp'd in and downloaded the entirety of the saved directory.  Once the new server was up, I stopped it and uploaded the old files back onto the server.  For whatever reason the world file got corrupted and wouldn't start, but once I uploaded the most recent backup file, it started right back up where it was.  Hopefully this will help.

Moving the server to another location worked for me, though first I ftp'd in and downloaded the entirety of the saved directory.  Once the new server was up, I stopped it and uploaded the old files back onto the server.  For whatever reason the world file got corrupted and wouldn't start, but once I uploaded the most recent backup file, it started right back up where it was.  Hopefully this will help.

Worked for me, except when I choose to restore from a backup I get the same infinite load.... This is seriously messed up. I'm going to lose all my players at this rate....

I was finally able to fix my problem.

Here is what I did:

<< Snip, this is not a proper fix >>

Awesome, going to try that, seeing that I'm encroaching on 24 hours with no reply to ticket or forum post.