Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

ARK not updating properly to the latest version?

I am running update for server but it wont load to current version 178.0 

Anyone else having issues?

server #

GAME SERVER ID #6893

I see your server is 178.2

To everyone else, try ARK update after a few minutes if it didn't update.

server has been stuck loading with no ark version for bout 30 hours now, i had some1 reply to ticket 5 hours ago said they would fix still not loading

ticket 486247

help please my tribe gunna spear me irl :}

server has been stuck loading with no ark version for bout 30 hours now, i had some1 reply to ticket 5 hours ago said they would fix still not loading

ticket 486247

help please my tribe gunna spear me irl :}

Exactly my problem! Support ticket was quickly replied to with 'fixed'. Hey guess what support, it's not even close to fixed. Going on 15hrs of downtime. gg.

-m

**UPDATE**
It looks like it is updating OK now. I was able to update to version 179.4.

steam says ark is version 179.4 right now, but when I run the update cycle on my server, it stays at 178.0 :(

Last Start: 06/23/2015 16:04:58
The Island ARK Version 178.0
IP: 167.114.209.47:17915

Current Version: 179.4
- Fixed Spawn Point UI issue, you can now always select spawn points properly :)
- Fixed some sounds that lacked attenuation (harvest sound, etc)
- Fixed simplified sky rendering, not all black anymore :) 
- Function Keys (F1-F12 etc) now work when bound to inputs

- http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/594820656447032287/

and yes, I did run the update with "Yes, run update" selected.

**UPDATE**
Hah.. just saw the button on the client that says "version 179.6 notes" :P nvm

I guess he just didn't update the patch notes page on steam yet.

Question: How can the server version update to a fake (i.e. non-existant) version of the game??? o_O

Last Start: 06/24/2015 17:09:30
The Island ARK Version 179.6
IP: 167.114.209.47:17915

-Patch Notes- Current (v179.5)

- http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/594820656447032287/

He never made version 179.6 ..... how can the server be version 179.6???

http://i.imgur.com/TueW9GO.jpg  <- steam also says current version is 179.5 (server network status AND steam version)

• 2 weeks later...

I updated the server to 185.0  and now it's showing:

Server Details

Started (0/30 players) Loading..
Last Start: 07/09/2015 09:04:28

It's been over thirty minutes and nothing.

I submitted a ticket response to one that was already in process considering i just open the server up.

ticket # 

For now i pulled the Custom Launch Parameters since i been waiting for an hour for a ticket to answer.  server up but not what I wanted.. 

Game Server ID #7588
Keeps getting stuck in loading and Ark Version ???
This seems to happen everytime i try to update the server.
Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Yup, same problem. Stuck on 186.3. 

Never got a ticket number, so I created a second. The server number is 6474.

Is it possible for y'all to update it?

I have been trying to update my server for over 24 hours now, and still no luck. I submitted a ticket, but I'm not sure if it went through properly, as I haven't received any notification. My server # is 7394. Please help get this issue fixed, as the players on the server are getting very angry they can't log on to feed their dinos. 

Same as above,  no matter how many times i try to update it via there control panel, it will not upgrade to the current build. I have again sent in a ticket to find out why and what can be done. Lucky i have no player base or that would be killed for being offline for days.

please dont say "keep trying to update" as thats not a solution. I have been doing so all day today and still no joy.

I have been trying to update my server for over 24 hours now, and still no luck. I submitted a ticket, but I'm not sure if it went through properly, as I haven't received any notification. My server # is 7394. Please help get this issue fixed, as the players on the server are getting very angry they can't log on to feed their dinos. 

Fixed

Same as above,  no matter how many times i try to update it via there control panel, it will not upgrade to the current build. I have again sent in a ticket to find out why and what can be done. Lucky i have no player base or that would be killed for being offline for days.

please dont say "keep trying to update" as thats not a solution. I have been doing so all day today and still no joy.

Without a ticket ID you will have to wait for our support ticket reply since I cannot look it up without that information.

I am now having a similar problem with updating. Since I started this server its been runing perfect till now. 

Ticket #360574 Game server is #6432 . Please assist and thank you in advance.

hello am trying to update the server for like 5h and i did try alot ...i cant update or restart the server

i did make ticket but i forgot the number

and i can't change the server name>>Launch Parameters

SERVER ID #6590

Server will not restart...you mean I might have to wait 24 hours like the fellow above...I have waited the posted time of 20 minutes 3 times now...I'm at about 45 minutes now, and it will not do anything but say "updating and restarting yourserver" .  The quality of limbo wondering what is happeneing is quite aggravating especially since one needs to load the server immediately when it finally restarts (whenever that may be).  Ticket number 136599.