Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

ARK not updating properly to the latest version?

Thanks for quick response.  We had tried but it still stayed at 254.2.

However, we have restarted late last night again and forced the updated and its now 254.4. :)

• 3 months later...

HI there, 

My Server doesnt seem to want to update to 257.

Im a bit of a noob so I appreciate your patience, Ive restarted the server a couple times, double checked to confirm my game has been updated, and have subsequently entered a ticket.

Ive checked the control panel and cannot seem to find a update button. Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Turns out you gotta enable updates, cancelling ticket and attempting to relocate dignity....

• 1 month later...

Today I cannot get our server to update.  I've tried cleaning the CMD and Mods folder along with enable update/Update.  No go.  Stuck at 258.82 while our clients say 258.83 and cannot connect.  Just times out.  Any help?

• 2 weeks later...

Currently my server is reporting that it is outdated and the current version is showing 259.2 My client version is currently showing 259.1 and when I try to enter the game I am dropped. What version should my server be running? I've tried multiple times to force and update / validate and it has always come back with 259.2

My server won't start just after the update was released, my client is up-to-date, the server freeze on the Started: Loading status and then, after some time changes to Stopped.

Any help on this?

Current MAP: Ragnarok. Didn't change anything on the Game.ini and GameUserSettings.ini

Any ETA on when I will be able to update to today's latest version?

You can update at any time you want from our control panel. As soon as an update is available you can go into your control panel and pull the update.

2017-06-23_11h49_44.png

Been trying to update server to current v260 but no joy. It will be on Loading... for awhile but eventually goes to Stopped. Ark Update selector I set as Yes then click the bottom button to save settings and restart server. Done it 3 or 4 times now after it stops on its own. Anyone else having this issue or have advice what to do from here?

Thanks for your time

I am also having this problem since yesterday. I got it to update yesterday afternoon and run for an hour or two but since then I am stuck in the loading -> stopped loop. Been constantly trying different things, including loading with update and default .ini files.

• 4 weeks later...

Could we grab your Game Server IDs?

Couple things you can try:

1. Clean SteamCMD
  2. Clean Mods
  3. Force Update/Validate after
  4. Try a backup (Are the latest file sizes drastically different from older ones?)

• 5 weeks later...

GAME SERVER ID #16254

Cant send the support ticket for some reason..  
When trying to update/vaildate server, after every restart and geting READY i got Outdated Version - Your server ARK version may be outdated, if iam trying to launch it with mods, if launching modless it works fine. 
HaaaAAallllLLLLp!!

@2rnius, your server is up to date. We have to manually adjust the current ARK version on our end as that's what the panel checks against once your server is online.

You can always check the current released version (announced by WildCard) by clicking the version number on your panel. This will take you to the Steam discussion page regarding it. 

Note: Sometimes the versions wont match perfectly as minor patches/hot-fixes aren't added immediately to that discussion page.

@2rnius, your server is up to date. We have to manually adjust the current ARK version on our end as that's what the panel checks against once your server is online.

You can always check the current released version (announced by WildCard) by clicking the version number on your panel. This will take you to the Steam discussion page regarding it. 

Note: Sometimes the versions wont match perfectly as minor patches/hot-fixes aren't added immediately to that discussion page

Thanks for the quick reply!

Ya i can see my client, server client and latest client are the same, but as soon as i add a single mod (etc* meat spoiler)  it pops up with the mod versions missmach.  It seems that there is no mod updates from the server client side :/

You may want to clear out your mods folder both locally and on the server, then let them download again without worries of any cached files messing with the versions. If the problem persists it may be an issue further upstream from us (Steam)

Mkay, ive deleted all old mods from my server client, and uploaded the new ones ive subscribed from my own client. The mods version missmach error is gone, but it doesnt load mods at all, ive tried running it on a single simple stackable mod, still just refuses to load mods. IDs were copied to .ini file, launch param line, ModIDs box in controll panel.Then tried all saperetly and leave only contoll panel box+launch params, then launch params and .ini

Long story short iam frustrated as hell.. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have submitted a ticket on this,over 12 hours ago,with no response other than the automated saying the ticket has been received,ticket number is 674261. My server,which I purchased on the 7th of the month,has ran flawlessly until yesterday afternoon. Since then it has repeatedly crashed and have attempted 10 times to update/validate,while doing cache clear on mod folder and steamcmd folder.Also tried rolling back server to a time I knew the server was good,with the same message.After every restart and getting READY i got Outdated Version - Your server ARK version may be outdated,

I have submitted a ticket on this,over 12 hours ago,with no response other than the automated saying the ticket has been received,ticket number is 674261. My server,which I purchased on the 7th of the month,has ran flawlessly until yesterday afternoon. Since then it has repeatedly crashed and have attempted 10 times to update/validate,while doing cache clear on mod folder and steamcmd folder.Also tried rolling back server to a time I knew the server was good,with the same message.After every restart and getting READY i got Outdated Version - Your server ARK version may be outdated,

I took a look to make sure the ticket was being answered. It seems the team has gotten a reply sent out to you. Let me know if you have not gotten the replies on the ticket and I will re send them. :)

PSN_steven1230 yes they responded,but from the time of the ticket,to it being resolved was 13 hours and 30 minutes........I dont see that as a reasonable amount of time to respond to a paid server being down/inaccessible. I had the server for almost 2 weeks with no issue. 

Sadly mie is also doing what ebvenoms was doing, no matter how many times I stop/start/restart or purge CMD and Mod folders it constantly tells me the server is 268.255 and tells me it's out of date. Can't see it on the ingame menu anymore either being that it's out of date and the new update is supposed to hit sometime today as well, guess I will wait for that to hit first and see if somehow SS's dashboard decides it's time to update my server, or I will have to pop in a ticket too I guess. 

GAME SERVER ID #48745 

btw, not that it matters since i haven't put in a ticket yet :P def some sort of issues going on with the updating.

Sadly mie is also doing what ebvenoms was doing, no matter how many times I stop/start/restart or purge CMD and Mod folders it constantly tells me the server is 268.255 and tells me it's out of date. Can't see it on the ingame menu anymore either being that it's out of date and the new update is supposed to hit sometime today as well, guess I will wait for that to hit first and see if somehow SS's dashboard decides it's time to update my server, or I will have to pop in a ticket too I guess. 

GAME SERVER ID #48745 

btw, not that it matters since i haven't put in a ticket yet :P def some sort of issues going on with the updating.

Just post a ticket over on our support and we can look into it for you :)

2 days after I first encountered this and it has happened again. Outdated Version - Your server ARK version may be outdated, Beginning to wonder if all the good reviews for this server provider are falsely provided. I am not happy with the support shown nor the answers being given. When it takes 13.5 hours for a ticket about a paid server being down,to be responded to, I see that as not caring about the customer,only the money they spent. I understand that ARK and Steam release updates at odd hours,but someone on your staff should be keeping an eye on this,since it is a constant issue. Ticket # 988449

2 days after I first encountered this and it has happened again. Outdated Version - Your server ARK version may be outdated, Beginning to wonder if all the good reviews for this server provider are falsely provided. I am not happy with the support shown nor the answers being given. When it takes 13.5 hours for a ticket about a paid server being down,to be responded to, I see that as not caring about the customer,only the money they spent. I understand that ARK and Steam release updates at odd hours,but someone on your staff should be keeping an eye on this,since it is a constant issue. Ticket # 988449

The outdated version note can sometimes get stuck on the panel. If you are able to join in the server then you are fine. I will also take a look over your ticket to make sure someone is replying to it. 

• 2 months later...

Server will not update to most recent version.

Server is crashing to a hard STOP every evening, but does not appear to have any problems loading back up when I update and load.

Tried Updating and Validating. Server goes through the process, but is still on incorrect version and will not update. For about 2 weeks + now our server is stuck at Server Version: 273.56, after multiple attempts to update, it loads back up, but fails to change the version.

The current Official version at this time is now at 273.83 after multiple downloaded updates.

Please help address this.

Please submit a ticket and I can get you fixed up from the back end. :)

Server will not update to most recent version.

Server is crashing to a hard STOP every evening, but does not appear to have any problems loading back up when I update and load.

Tried Updating and Validating. Server goes through the process, but is still on incorrect version and will not update. For about 2 weeks + now our server is stuck at Server Version: 273.56, after multiple attempts to update, it loads back up, but fails to change the version.

The current Official version at this time is now at 273.83 after multiple downloaded updates.

Please help address this.