Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

ARK not updating properly to the latest version?

Known issues -

• When multiple customers are updating at the same time, the steamcmd (the tool we are required to use to fetch updates from Steam servers) could be very slow, causing large time delays
  • When multiple customers are updating at the same time, steamcmd could error out (something we have reported to Steam already)
  • There's excessive disk i/o on the server (rare withour ultra fast RAID SSDs, but does happen on popular updates)

Things to try BEFORE POSTING -

• If a new ARK update just came out, please be patient. Try again after 20-30 minutes, it may take a couple hours to update due to the sheer volume of people updating.
  • If your server just fails to start, this is a different issue, please create a support ticket.

Stuck on Loading for more than 20 minutes?

• Please resort to this thread for more detailed information.

We do apologize for any delays in ARK updates.

There may be other issues other than the ones listed above, so please read all of the other pinned forum topics if you think the issue may be something else OR just create a support ticket, reply here, or Tweet us!

hi :) i am dreaming youre wrong cadacis because i have just followed Ryan advise :)

i am rebooting the server ... i hope not lost all ahah :) or my users will kill me :)

Ryan when you launch an update directly from the control panel without make a cheat saveworld did the script launch a saveworld before ?

That's literally not possible by deleting steamapps folder.

Did you delete the SavedArks folder on accident?

I don't know I got a message about a ticket i submited saying that the person did this exact thing as a fix and now we're back at level 1 with nothing, I didn't do anything.

edit: Wipe was the devs fault,

I have deleted the post here because I am working on a better method right now (still shouldn't delete your SavedArks)

I don't know I got a message about a ticket i submited saying that the person did this exact thing as a fix and now we're back at level 1 with nothing, I didn't do anything.

edit: Wipe was the devs fault,

Please let me know your ticket ID # and we'll take a look from there.

So i stopped the server then selected ark update clicked apply and restart, the screen appears saying this could take 60 minutes to complete. It completes quicker than i've ever seen it complete previously and the page reloads with the server still stopped and am unable to start it.

Ok i tried to run it like 5 times and finally the Don't close this window stayed up for much longer than normal. Server is now started and is loading. Just keep trying to run the ark update eventually it should finally update. If the window closes in less than a minute then run the update again until it behaves normally.

just run update again  seemed to take alot longer than normal but serevr still stuck on stop  server id is 5653  . tried to make aticket wont work for some reason  so had to post it here for you plz fix asap .

I will require a ticket # to follow up, but I will check that game server ID now.

EDIT: I have updated your \ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsServer\GameUserSettings.ini and added the options. Simply run an ARK update and play on your server

ok running update now .should i leave my parameters in place or do u want me to remove them from console ?

>< Still updating

UP AND RUNNING NOW  TY :-)

Edited by grimm74

No you can run ARK Update now.

Hi Admin I tried to update my server multiple times but so far still no luck. I've even tried to stop the server first then run the update, but my server it's still 171.21  or is this the latest version server supports?  thx

i know where to find patch notes. Talking about the server version though. Tried multiple times with the method you provided. Server still won't upgrade

I dont have a ticket number due to it not letting me submit a ticket. keeps saying my ID is incorrect, Id is 5898. My server is stuck at Stopped, cannot get it to start back up.

I ran the update for my server.

However, it says the server is started but loading. It has said loading for over an hour now... Not sure what to do from here.

Server# 5876

Working again

• 2 weeks later...