Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server cannot be found since Alpha 20.4 b42 Stable

SadoMars

Added these two new properties to serverconfig.xml per notes on 7D2D update post:

<property name="Region" value="NorthAmericaEast" />   and   <property name="Language" value="English" />

I have server saved in Steam server favorites.

I get timeout if connecting through Steam Server list. Server cannot be found if searching through Join Game in the game's menu.

Your servers should be good to update now. Due note that there is new edits in the serverconfig.xml file which need to be there in order to run. So make sure to backup the config file before you process the update. This process will overwrite your current xml file. Along with this the generated world is now located within the directory itself and not in our C:drive. So if you need your generated world migrated to your new folder let us know via ticket.

Still not seeing my server. Looking at the output log I'm seeing

2022-04-25T20:56:32 51.738 INF [EOS] Registering server
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Platform.EOS.SessionsHost.AdvertiseServer (System.Action _onServerRegistered) [0x000b1] in <ef95c36efe6a4645bb0ec98b58e164be>:0 
  at Platform.MultiPlatform.ServerListAnnouncer.AdvertiseServer (System.Action _onServerRegistered) [0x0002a] in <ef95c36efe6a4645bb0ec98b58e164be>:0 
  at GameManager+<StartAsServer>d__138.MoveNext () [0x00848] in <ef95c36efe6a4645bb0ec98b58e164be>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00026] in <544fca0986d54eca88fc7c56e2a8b4b4>:0 

I just restarted so this should have your update. Its simply erroring out when it attempts to register the server. 

Managed to get the update for our server, but our generated world is completely different.

2 hours ago, PSN_steven1230 said:

Along with this the generated world is now located within the directory itself and not in our C:drive. So if you need your generated world migrated to your new folder let us know via ticket.

I submitted a ticket in asking for help migrating it.

After the update for the servers and game i can longer find my server or any other servers. followed instructions for serverconfig.xml.

<property name="Region" value="Europe" />   and   <property name="Language" value="English" />

still cant find server or any other server.  yet steam server list says it is there and when trying to connect through steam server list it say "unable to retrieve server information"

is anyone else having the same problem ? and as anyone got a solution for it ?

3 hours ago, jai lee said:

After the update for the servers and game i can longer find my server or any other servers. followed instructions for serverconfig.xml.

<property name="Region" value="Europe" />   and   <property name="Language" value="English" />

still cant find server or any other server.  yet steam server list says it is there and when trying to connect through steam server list it say "unable to retrieve server information"

is anyone else having the same problem ? and as anyone got a solution for it ?

Im also having this issue. I submitted a ticket for assistance. 

I was able to get my server up and running after it seemed to be stuck in an initializing state before survivalservers applied any fix. First, I added the "Region" and "Language" properties to my serveradmin.xml. After a restart and an update, it was still stuck in initializing so I did an update/validate and when that was done it was working as normal. Hope this helps some of you.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes. This has not been an issue for some time now. Although, there are a number of situations that can cause the server to not be found. If you need assistance, please submit a ticket!