Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Just bought a server, it is stuck trying to start still after 25 minutes

Jared Bertrand

The whole "instart start" thing kind of sold me and my friends and I planned to play tonight, but it's looking like we won't be able to. Anyone know how to fix this?

The control panel says:

Active task is running Your game server is currently working on task "start" which started 02/10/2022 16:35:08 PST. Control panel functionality will be limited until this task is completed.

and I don't have the option to stop, start, or restart it.

On 2/10/2022 at 8:59 PM, W. Cirino said:

Same thing is happening to me, it's been  hours and still says the same thing.

Make sure that you are applying the 7 Days update, and not simply pressing the "Start" button when you are booting up a fresh server.

• 3 weeks later...

This is happening with the server I just rented now, it's been taking well over a hour now waiting for the server to start up. Control panel is completely locked up and can't be touched.

• 5 months later...

Whoever wants to learn how to fly an aeroplane will find Raikoo to be quite intriguing. Are business planners necessary? If so, you may visit www.chiangraitimes.com/learning/hire-a-professional-business-planner/ the site and ask a professional for their best recommendations on how to run your firm. And from the very beginning, you will be guided here.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a server yesterday, i have been waiting since yesterday for my server to start.  same issue has been happening to me.  and YES i submitted a ticket yesterday. and have been waiting since yesterday for that with no response also..

• 2 months later...

Same issue here. Tried starting with default settings on Navezgane, and also tried again with "run server update" option selected; will not start. Thinking about requesting a refund, as this seems to be a common issue and makes the setup far from the "instant" that's advertised on the website. 

I had no problems with the Valheim server I hosted, but the 7d2d hosting service here seems to be less of a priority. 

2 hours ago, scheminpete said:

Same issue here. Tried starting with default settings on Navezgane, and also tried again with "run server update" option selected; will not start. Thinking about requesting a refund, as this seems to be a common issue and makes the setup far from the "instant" that's advertised on the website. 

I had no problems with the Valheim server I hosted, but the 7d2d hosting service here seems to be less of a priority. 

This could be a steamcmd issue. Please send a ticket in from our websites contact us section and we can get you fixed up.