Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Re: Server panel shows the wrong port for my server

So the server panel shows  72.20.58.34:18815 for my ip and port, but I add that to my steam favorites and it doesn't let me connect. However if I add  72.20.58.34:7777 it shows my server with my name and I can connect, however when my friends connect to it, it connects them to a different server and I am not in their server.

Edit:

Now if I connect to 72.20.58.34:18815 it puts me in a completely different server, same with my friend. We cannot join our server at all. It is showing the server we are connected to as 72.20.58.34:7777. It shows that for the server both my friend and I are connected to, yet the name of the server is different. one shows Skeletons Palace and the other shows Jurassic Ark. Never our server.

Last Edit:

We are using the Steam Browser not the in-game browser.

The port number listed under steam is always listing 7777. But if you connect using the IP under server details it can connect. I have the same issue but managed to connect just fine.

The port number listed under steam is always listing 7777. But if you connect using the IP under server details it can connect. I have the same issue but managed to connect just fine.

How else are you connecting to your server without using the Server Browser?

I have the same issue - server list has port 7777

Having the same issue. Me and friends are all being sent to other servers and it keeps getting changed to the 7777. that 7777 keeps cycling through about 5 different servers when you refresh.

1.6 update just dropped hoping it fixes the server issues we are having.

Yeah, after the update, my server does not come back online now.

Hi there, Renter of Jurassic Ark here. I'm sorry everyone is having issues with their own servers. Quite a few(and i mean quite a few!) people have been asking me how to get their's up and running.  Here's what I did.  Make sure you follow their startup guide to the T @ https://survivalservers.com/wiki/index.php?title=ARK:_Survival_Evolved_Server_Start_Guide

Make sure to search for your server through the notification tray, and not through the game itself, as there are like 500 servers up, and its only showing like 100 every refresh. 

Make sure on your control panel, make sure your server status is "Started" etc, make a password, name the host, and make sure to update(not "only when needed" or whatever).  After that, press the giant green button at the bottom of the screen, give it about 5-10 minutes, then search from the notification tray(bottom right of your taskbar).

Other than that, all the people I've talked to have eventually found their servers.  Really not sure why mine keeps popping up..I promise I'm not malicious or anything.

M

Hi there, Renter of Jurassic Ark here. I'm sorry everyone is having issues with their own servers. Quite a few(and i mean quite a few!) people have been asking me how to get their's up and running.  Here's what I did.  Make sure you follow their startup guide to the T @ https://survivalservers.com/wiki/index.php?title=ARK:_Survival_Evolved_Server_Start_Guide

Make sure to search for your server through the notification tray, and not through the game itself, as there are like 500 servers up, and its only showing like 100 every refresh. 

Make sure on your control panel, make sure your server status is "Started" etc, make a password, name the host, and make sure to update(not "only when needed" or whatever).  After that, press the giant green button at the bottom of the screen, give it about 5-10 minutes, then search from the notification tray(bottom right of your taskbar).

Other than that, all the people I've talked to have eventually found their servers.  Really not sure why mine keeps popping up..I promise I'm not malicious or anything.

M

What about the incorrect port issue?

No idea about the incorrect port, but from what I've heard from people asking is to just find the server manually through the steam client

I don't work for these guys or anything, but I do know a bit about server stuff. Ark is probably not considering ports at all, and since all servers share the same IP, they're all considered the "same" server, which may just be that mine randomly was the first one to pop up.  I'm sure everything will be solved soon for everyone. As for the password issue, i have no idea. I was a jerk and just restarted mine before i tried to hop in to ensure my spot.

M

So you say this issue was resolved last night? It's still there. Only my server does not show up in any server list. In the dashboard it says it's online, but I cannot connect to it.

I cannot connect to my server either, it shows up in the steam browser when I type in my password I get treated to an endless black loading screen with mist and the Ark logo at the bottom right. One time the loading screen was different with a very large Ark logo in the center but did not load either. My other community members are getting treated to the same thing

I cannot connect to my server either, it shows up in the steam browser when I type in my password I get treated to an endless black loading screen with mist and the Ark logo at the bottom right. One time the loading screen was different with a very large Ark logo in the center but did not load either. My other community members are getting treated to the same thing

Loading takes a long time, it took me 5 min to get in singleplayer. This is normal, so your server is working. Lucky bastard :P

Loading takes a long time, it took me 5 min to get in singleplayer. This is normal, so your server is working. Lucky bastard :P

I have the loading screen running for 45 minutes. I don't think it's working. 

I have the loading screen running for 45 minutes. I don't think it's working. 

Then your settings are too high, I had the same issue yesterday, had to turn it to low and I was able to load in. But if I turned it to high, it would eventually crash. ARK doesn't have bugs of being stuck at loading screen yet, so it seems to be irrelevant to the issue of server not working. I mean the game is terribly optimized so even those with great computers should put it on low when loading in.

Then your settings are too high, I had the same issue yesterday, had to turn it to low and I was able to load in. But if I turned it to high, it would eventually crash. ARK doesn't have bugs of being stuck at loading screen yet, so it seems to be irrelevant to the issue of server not working. I mean the game is terribly optimized so even those with great computers should put it on low when loading in.

No it appears to be an issue with joining a game through the steam server browser for some players. I get an entirely different loading screen if I join through the steam server browser than I do if I join from the in game browser. It just sits at loading forever, which is a major problem since a lot of us can't see but a handful of servers in game even though steam server list shows hundreds. 

While trying to join my server and being stuck on the loading screen I had a friend join me via Steam Friends List and was able to get into my server after only a couple seconds of loading. I was not able to get in to my server using this but if you and your friend are out of options I recommend everyone try that, in the meantime I'm still awaiting some official instruction from Ark devs or Survival Servers.