Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Converting current 7 days server to alpha 20 experimental

Jordan Holt

Hey all, has anyone spun up a working 7 Days to Die server on here with the experimental Alpha 20 build? I would like to get mine changed over to this with a fresh world. Any recommendations on steps to take to achieve this? Thanks!

9 hours ago, JayMoss said:

I tried and now my server simply doesn't work.
Lost my A19 game and now can't log into A20 nor A19.
Highly recommend against changing it for now, unfortunately.

We should be able to get you set up on A20 if you submit a support ticket. Sorry to hear your past data was lost, unfortunately 7 Days does not support RCON, so we cannot set up automatic back ups as we have for other games. However in the future, if you use FTP to copy the "Saves" folder in the root directory of your FTP connection, that will back up any data on the server to it can be reuploaded.

14 hours ago, JayMoss said:

I tried and now my server simply doesn't work.
Lost my A19 game and now can't log into A20 nor A19.
Highly recommend against changing it for now, unfortunately.

You can not change anything on the server.cfg file or it will not start and run .It will come on and fade away. It will run but only in a nave game as my server crap.

@Nick - Support ticket submission doesnt appear to be working. It breaks when trying to validate the capcha/robot checker. Is there another way to submit a support ticket. I have found another service that will do the things I need and I am interested in terminating this server for now. I DMed you my server id if this is something you could please pass along to support. TY!

4 hours ago, Jordan Holt said:

@Nick - Support ticket submission doesnt appear to be working. It breaks when trying to validate the capcha/robot checker. Is there another way to submit a support ticket. I have found another service that will do the things I need and I am interested in terminating this server for now. I DMed you my server id if this is something you could please pass along to support. TY!

I replied back to your DM please check it as soon as possible!