Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Using a custom world?

Motokid600

Id like to use the Middle Earth world I got from Nexus.

https://www.nexusmods.com/valheim/mods/616

It uses the Better Continents Mod. Is this possible through Survival Servers at all?

Edit: It looks as if I may need to FTP the BetterContinents.dll? And I see there is a "Modify FTP Password" option in the control panel which makes me wonder. Is that possible?

Edit2: https://billw2012.github.io/BetterContinents-Docs/setup-guide.html

Im stuck on step 6. "Point your server at the world you uploaded. How to do it depends on your server provider, there should be some mechanism to specify the World Name, or modify the command line of the server." - How do I go about this? The world/mod files are on the server via FTP.

I have, thank you and the ticket was answered. Ryan wants the link to the Better Continents mod. I shared the Nexus link so hopefully that is okay. I can send him the .dll directly however im not sure how.. legal that is or not. Also sent the save files for the MiddleEarthBC world.

So what now? Assuming he uploads the files to the correct locations what then will I have to do on my end to get it to work? Sorry I know this post may be redundant with the ticket open, but in the meantime I figure ill try t get as much info as possible.

Here is the ticket itself. Id like to post it because it has further trouble shooting details.

------------

"Ive been trying very hard to figure out if I can upload a map made with BetterContinents. Im close. Lol. Ive been able to upload the .fwl and .db along with fwl.BetterContinents files to the worlds directory on the server via FTP. This unfortunately doesnt seem to work as I cannot "point" the server to use the "MiddleEarthBC" world. It creates its own regardless.

So I tried using the upload save feature where I packaged the MiddleEarthBC files to a zip. The upload seemingly worked. However it states "BetterContinents Disabled for this world" on loading. And to my surprise the spawn point this time works, but its still in a random seed. Not to mention completely bugged terrain with floating trees and what not which im attributing to BetterContinents being disabled for whatever reason.

However when directly uploading the .fwl/.db, ect BetterContinents does load. The map however does not.

So how can I appropriately "point" my server to use the custom made map with BetterContinents?"

----------

On 11/23/2021 at 2:20 PM, Motokid600 said:

I have, thank you and the ticket was answered. Ryan wants the link to the Better Continents mod. I shared the Nexus link so hopefully that is okay. I can send him the .dll directly however im not sure how.. legal that is or not. Also sent the save files for the MiddleEarthBC world.

So what now? Assuming he uploads the files to the correct locations what then will I have to do on my end to get it to work? Sorry I know this post may be redundant with the ticket open, but in the meantime I figure ill try t get as much info as possible.

Here is the ticket itself. Id like to post it because it has further trouble shooting details.

------------

"Ive been trying very hard to figure out if I can upload a map made with BetterContinents. Im close. Lol. Ive been able to upload the .fwl and .db along with fwl.BetterContinents files to the worlds directory on the server via FTP. This unfortunately doesnt seem to work as I cannot "point" the server to use the "MiddleEarthBC" world. It creates its own regardless.

So I tried using the upload save feature where I packaged the MiddleEarthBC files to a zip. The upload seemingly worked. However it states "BetterContinents Disabled for this world" on loading. And to my surprise the spawn point this time works, but its still in a random seed. Not to mention completely bugged terrain with floating trees and what not which im attributing to BetterContinents being disabled for whatever reason.

However when directly uploading the .fwl/.db, ect BetterContinents does load. The map however does not.

So how can I appropriately "point" my server to use the custom made map with BetterContinents?"

----------

To give you some info on what exactly I did.

I took the zip you gave me and removed the BetterContinents.fwl file and had just the normal .fwl/.db file in the new zip and used our panels upload tool. As soon as it uploaded I stopped the server then using FTP I uploaded just the BetterContinents.fwl file but made sure to rename the MiddleEarthBC part to your Game Server ID number and started the server!

On 11/24/2021 at 10:39 PM, Capps said:

To give you some info on what exactly I did.

I took the zip you gave me and removed the BetterContinents.fwl file and had just the normal .fwl/.db file in the new zip and used our panels upload tool. As soon as it uploaded I stopped the server then using FTP I uploaded just the BetterContinents.fwl file but made sure to rename the MiddleEarthBC part to your Game Server ID number and started the server!

Thanks so much on this. my friend and I have been enjoining it ever since. All is well. Everyone was alot of help on the ticket.