Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Update your community servers

Conraddk

Basicly i want you to update your community servers, we are a group of 5 that plays on one of them and it hasnt been updated after they launched a new updated ( 2½ hours ago )

pls hurry thank you

What server are you referring to? If it's one you rented, you have to update it manually. I just updated mine and it's running fine. If there's a SurvivalServers official server (which I was unaware of) then their admin would need to do that I suppose.

I wish when a new patch was pushed out, the server would automatically update. OR, better yet, update the server on the next restart automatically.

ROK 14 had a few hackers showing up so we found another... We are playing on a SS hosted server now and it runs fairly well..

I asked about the updates since the dayz servers they provide. They do the updates for the most part..

The servers should be updated to alpha 5, also I do not know if there are any hacks out as of yet but I shall look into this.

There are definitely hacks out there. Steven maybe you can shed some light on this... when a new update comes out, how does one go about updating their server? I did it with Alpha 5 and updated with a dropdown and then restarted with the green button. But I'm told the green button resets the server (wipes it). Is there another way?

I am only assuming this since I mostly deal with Arma 2 and Arma 3 but anytime you update a server it would automatically get wiped unless you saved and uploaded a database. Not wiping a server when updating could cause problems since the Devs are usually working on performance and functionality of the game. Just my 2 cents...

I am only assuming this since I mostly deal with Arma 2 and Arma 3 but anytime you update a server it would automatically get wiped unless you saved and uploaded a database. Not wiping a server when updating could cause problems since the Devs are usually working on performance and functionality of the game. Just my 2 cents...

Occasionally one of the Alpha updates will require a server wipe, which has to be done manually after updating and prior to starting the game server. We're hoping that this will not be a continued trend. In the mean time we'll be adding a feature to the panel for users to wipe their data as it's currently inaccessible due to being placed in the %APPDATA% folder which currently is not granted access in RoK customer's FTP.