Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server settings issues

geoff sanders

Hi all. 

as of the last 24 hours, my server will not load/use implemented changes (under custom config tool) affected areas are:

harvest amounts: server using default settings over amended rates (set at 7.5)

player stats: server using default settings over amended rates

dino stats: server using default settings over amended rates 

I have already rolled back the server to before the issue with no luck. this just kept loading the player at the rolback point. reguardless of anything i did between server restarts.

I have tinkered with the individual stats (not working)

I have started the server with Clean SteamCMD Folder & Clean Save Folder selected, again with no success

Im really stuck for what to do here and help would be appreciated 

I'm having similar issues with my server.  After hours of investigating I've found that, from the looks of it the settings manager is having issues saving the game.ini file since a few day ago and continually wipes the file.  GameUserSettings.ini seems to be working just fine.  I've already put in a ticket regarding the issue so they (SurvivalServers) are working on fixing it already.  From the looks of it, there's nothing we can do on our end and we have to just wait to have the problem fixed.

thankyou for the response. I managed to figure this out and have started using FTP Access through win SCP to manualy update and reinsert the File (luckily i have server settings files saved to my PC) 

its not perfect but it is a suitable work around

I did the same as well.  It worked until I had to restart the server, where the manager deleted the file again  =\

Edit: it looks like the file will stay until you update the config through the settings manager  =D

I'm having the same issues and I'm trying the same fix as you where i manually update the server .ini file, but it has been 3 days that i have had the issue. I submitted a ticket about 22 hours ago and have yet to get a response back. Does anyone know a fix other than manually adding the codes? I did not save old server settings, so i'm slowly piecing the server settings back.

I'm also having this issue, it's been at least a week and i'm hoping it'll get fixed soon.

I worked around not having the server's ini backed up by saving my personal SP settings into the server's and editing the numbers to match the settings that are on the server's admin panel. It's not the same by a long shot, but it's something.