Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Modify Server Config issues

Shane Wilson

The issue may be on my end, but I just got my server going after using the Modify Server Config tool, but it doesn't appear if some, if not all of the changes are working.

Gather rate still seems to be at default, and when I changed the Engram Costs, none of that seems to have saved.  One example is that I had changed Gravestone to 1 Engram Point, but in game it is still at 8.   And I don't think even my MOTD is showing up.

Is there a line of code I was supposed to put in to make this work?

I'm having similar issues with my server.  After hours of investigating I've found that, from the looks of it the settings manager is having issues saving the game.ini file since a few day ago and continually wipes the file.  GameUserSettings.ini seems to be working just fine.  I've already put in a ticket regarding the issue so they (SurvivalServers) are working on fixing it already.  From the looks of it, there's nothing we can do on our end and we have to just wait to have the problem fixed.

I havent seen my ini constantly wiping itself (thankfully) but I'm using the work-around of having copied my singleplayer game.ini over to the server. It's just not the same, and the server hasnt overwritten my fix yet. Have you been made aware if this has been solved (and I just havent gotten it on my end yet)?