Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

GAME SERVER ID #152331 Stuck in creative mode

whitewalkergamer

hello i need help with my server my username is whitealkergamer, everything with my server works fine for the most part although Its not starting properly. I do not get option to select a drop pod and spawn point in the solar system, so my character spawns with no survival pod so I cannot begin playing the game and gathering resources I also noticed while I was in spectator mode I couldn't see any asteroids spawning in server. Could you guide me through what to do to fix all this please.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 11/20/2021 at 10:43 AM, plaintext87 said:

I've submitted a ticket too. I am having this same problem, no drop pod or spawn options for star system map. 

I just figured it all out. 

So... what was it?

Also, It's really frustrating to have a support discussion board where every question is met with "please submit a ticket so we can help with this"... and then there's no follow up.

If the response is "This is likely an issue specific to your account" then that's one thing, but I can't imagine that being the case in this instance, and certainly not in all of the support discussions that I've seen on this board. I would imagine that many times the issue can be resolved by the customer following simple steps, and thus fixed much faster by other users with the same issue by following those same steps. Keeping your support process this private and obscure is absolutely TERRIBLE customer experience, and I would appreciate it if you would change that policy moving forward.

Message received from support ticket. It's redundant, but make sure you follow the instructions CAREFULLY

1. Stop your server from the panel.

2. Log in to FTP using WinSCP (a free FTP software) using the connection details found in the "FTP Details" section of the game server control panel. Download link for WinSCP here http://winscp.net/eng/download.php

3. Download and open up the SpaceEngineers-Dedicated.cfg which can be found in the "Instance\" directory
    (Note: I didn't have this setting, and had to add it manually in the Session Settings section)

4. Also download and open up your current saves "Sandbox_config.sbc" which can be found in the "Instance\YOUR_SAVE" directory (you can also just simply delete this file and allow a new one to be generated)