Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

safezone settings

Quazzi

Hey, I just started a server and I can't get the safe zone to work properly. 

The green circle shows up where I want it to, but all damages are still in effect...

I've changed the settings to 0, true, false and then back to skip. But I am still being damaged by other players and puppets. 

What am I doing wrong?

I am looking at your settings now, I see the radius is set to 0, meaning the safezone radius would be a value of 0 which would give no coverage.

A radius of 0.1 is equal to 100 metres on the map, so 0.1 = 100m. I would work from there and set the radius to whatever value you find appropriate. 

[SCUM.SafeZones]
SafeZone=(Name="S Mart Trade Station", X=-130731.463, Y=-135920.3814, Radius=.25, BoxingDamageHandlingMethod=Skip, MeleeWeaponDamageHandlingMethod=Skip, ThrowingDamageHandlingMethod=Skip, ProjectileDamageHandlingMethod=Skip, ExplosiveDamageHandlingMethod=Skip,  DamageToBasesHandlingMethod=Skip, DamageToVehiclesHandlingMethod=Skip, PuppetDamageHandlingMethod=Skip, VehicleDamageHandlingMethod=Skip, PlayerLockpickingHandlingMethod=Skip, WorldLockpickingHandlingMethod=Skip)

21 hours ago, Quazzi said:

I did also try a "reset to defaults" that may have been when u were looking before i had a chance to update the settings

Are you still having the issue of the Safe Zone not properly applying after changing those values to reflect what you sent in the reply? If so, please submit a support ticket so we can look into the issue more in-depth for you!

• 3 weeks later...

wow, sorry I didn't receive a notification for your reply.

I was not able to get the safe zone to be safe... 

We are going to do a wipe (most likely tonight). To try to generate more traffic.

hopefully that fixes the issue.

Does a wipe reset the start date players see in the load screen? I mean will it look like fresh start server?

17 hours ago, Quazzi said:

wow, sorry I didn't receive a notification for your reply.

I was not able to get the safe zone to be safe... 

We are going to do a wipe (most likely tonight). To try to generate more traffic.

hopefully that fixes the issue.

Does a wipe reset the start date players see in the load screen? I mean will it look like fresh start server?

Yes, a wipe will start the server over from a clean install, so it will be reset to day 1 with no past data intact.