Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Ark Genesis 2 Server not updating

Hello, today Ark Genesis 2 released about 10 hours ago, and my ark server still states that it is on a past update. I have run restarts with SteamCMD clean and all other cleans on and it still is not working. If someone could help me out that would be great. 

I had the same problem initially. Then it finally updated the version number to the most recent after a few restarts.

However, when we finally logged in, all progress had been wiped except our levels.

I am now trying to restore a previous backup, but cannot get the server to start. 😟

It appears to be every server that has a mod on it, and all the unofficial maps.

I think the guys at Survival Servers have pulled the plug on all Ark servers until Wildcard get their ducks in a row and calm things down.

Been trying to update since yesterday. Takes over an hour to restart and always says older version. Running Ragnarok with Structures Plus and Platforns Plus. Getting tired of waiting. About ready to pull the plug and forget it. I am not paying to play the restart shuffle. Wildcard needs to start testing this kind if thing and sending the updates out to server hosts themselves instead of this crap.

We haven't pulled any plugs. I'd say just do not expect a smooth launch - the hand we are dealt is something Wildcard just sprung on us without any prior notification. If you intend to launch a Genesis 2 server or change your existing game server to that map, we cannot guarantee it will be a smooth process.

If you have issues mentioned above, create a support ticket. We will be manually fixing any of these issues.

2021-06-04_09h06_54.png

It's very possible ARK will fix this issue - but for now this is the hand we are dealt and are working through it.

Most customers will only have normal updating issues (Clean SteamCMD, multiple attempts to start, SteamCMD general slowness) - these are all normal and expected and not related to the memory issue. If you simply cannot get your server online then you might be affected by the above mentioned memory issue and a support ticket will be necessary.