Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Valheim+ Better Continents

Velhemence

I am trying to get the better continents mod to work for my server but I cant get it to load the map correctly, has anyone else tried or know a way? Edit: I have tried uploading manually via ftp but still no luck, is survival servers' way of handling this game just incompatible?

Edited by Velhemence

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I got better continents to work on this provider, but they dont really make it easy, you simply only add the world.fwl, and world.fwl.old.  delete any others, then only leave the world.db.bettercontinentents and the same with the old version and zip it, remove the other 2 files, should be 1 extra fwl, and 1 extra db around 42kb or something.  when you upload that world, better continents will be enabled. if you leave the other 2 files, it will autopull from those instead.  I also deleted the default world that the server create when it turned on during the ftp and manually uploaded a copy of the world files via ftp before uploading those 4 files via zip.  I also renamed my world I uploaded to the same default name the server created just to be safe and make it try and load those files (unsure if this did anything to help:P) I also left all 6 files manually in the world folder on the server, but only uploaded the 4 files in my zip using the control panel.  sorry if this was confusing, but you can do it, its just slightly annoying.