Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

EOS?

Jonathon Stoneback

To enable EOS or crossplay with Xbox for your Space Engineers server follow the below guide!

1. Stop your server from the panel.
  2. Log in to FTP using WinSCP (a free FTP software) using the connection details found in the "FTP Details" section of the game server control panel. Download link for WinSCP here http://winscp.net/eng/download.php
  3. Navigate to the "Instance" directory and open the SpaceEngineers-Dedicated.cfg file
  4. Scroll to the bottom of the file to locate the below settings
    • ConsoleCompatibility
    • NetworkType
  5. Once those settings have been located change them as follows:
    • NetworkType set it to -> eos
    • ConsoleCompatibility set it to -> true
  6. Save the file and restart the server
  7. Your server now has crossplay enabled!

If you need further assitance, please continue your support ticket.

• 1 year later...
On 3/20/2021 at 7:48 PM, Luke said:

To enable EOS or crossplay with Xbox for your Space Engineers server follow the below guide!

1. Stop your server from the panel.
  2. Log in to FTP using WinSCP (a free FTP software) using the connection details found in the "FTP Details" section of the game server control panel. Download link for WinSCP here http://winscp.net/eng/download.php
  3. Navigate to the "Instance" directory and open the SpaceEngineers-Dedicated.cfg file
  4. Scroll to the bottom of the file to locate the below settings
    • ConsoleCompatibility
    • NetworkType
  5. Once those settings have been located change them as follows:
    • NetworkType set it to -> eos
    • ConsoleCompatibility set it to -> true
  6. Save the file and restart the server
  7. Your server now has crossplay enabled!

If you need further assitance, please continue your support ticket.

Once I do this, I am unable to see my server in the public list (I have selected EOS Servers), and when I try to connect directly, it just sits on the 'joining world' screen indefintely.

Update: After some more playing around, I seem to be able to set NetworkType to EOS with no issue, the server then shows on the EOS server list, but my friend on XBox is still unable to see it.

But when I then set ConsoleCompatablity to 'true', the server disappears from the the EOS list and isn't on the Steam list either. WIth direct connect unavailable.

Advice please?