Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Finding server seed

Scorp

Currently with a dedicated server there is no way to specify a server seed. If you want to find out what your current server's seed is, you will want to download a copy of your world via FTP and place it into C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\LocalLow\IronGate\Valheim\worlds then boot up your game and you will be able to see the seed from the single player world select menu.

Goto:

C:\Users\YouName\AppData\LocalLow\IronGate\Valheim

Open the file:

Player.log

Look at the log and find the following line

03/18/2021 07:44:36: Initializing world generator seed:rATt3tsDtN ( -1152559363 )   menu:False  worldgen version:1

1 hour ago, Dew said:

Goto:

C:\Users\YouName\AppData\LocalLow\IronGate\Valheim

Open the file:

Player.log

Look at the log and find the following line

03/18/2021 07:44:36: Initializing world generator seed:rATt3tsDtN ( -1152559363 )   menu:False  worldgen version:1

No, that's not how you find the server-side seed. This is for finding the local seed of your local Valheim save.

You can find the seed if you have access to the servers FTP. If you don't have access to it, you simply can't. 
If you do have access to it, download the .fwl file from the server (I use FileZilla to access it).
After it's downloaded, just go to any hex editor and open the file with that, online ones work just fine (I use hexed.it). 
You'll see letters come up on the right hand side, marked with red in the picture, and that's the seed.
Seeds have a max character limit of 10, so if there's more characters after the 10th, it's not for the seed. (In this case I have a H after the last character in my seed.)

image.png