Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Valheim+ 0.9.5/0.9.5.5 Support Issues

BIGBofficial

I'm not sure if anyone has had the same issues, but a few problems have come up since 0.9.5 and 0.9.5.5.  Only 2 to report right now, but may add to this thread as we confirm whether other issues are Valheim+ bugs or server-side issues.

1. New features, as well as changes and fixes from Valheim+ 0.9.5 and 0.9.5.5 still don't show in and cannot be edited from the "Modify Valheim+ Config" section of the Survival Servers Control Panel. 
  2. Fireplace fuels running out.  I believe this issue was caused by [Fireplace] being changed to [FireSource] in the 0.9.5.5 config files.  This GitHub bug report suggests this could be a server-side issue from recycling the old config files.

I'll be sure to cross out these issues as they're resolved and list any necessary client-side actions below🙂

Yep it's recommended to use FTP to modify the valheim_plus.cfg after an update if things break.

The Modify Valheim+ Config tool is a helper and not to be relied on with how frequently they update Valheim+ - they are on the fly changing things. It's nowhere near "stable" modding software. We really just don't recommend it - vanilla has less bugs and will not "break." If you really need Valheim+, then you will need to understand it comes with caveats and will break regularly.

Once we update it (it will take us some days after each update especially with lots of new config options) then it will be more of our "rubber stamp" on an update but if you require immediate changes then FTP is the way to go.