Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Can we manually upload the latest ValPlus mod ourselves?

James Meadows

As the title says can we not mess with the Survival Server Valheim Plus mod, and manually upload the newest version ourselves off of GitHub?  I tell which version Survival Server is using and the Config Editor Ryan created is great but gets out dated and we need tow wait to get the newer version. 

I've tried updated the Valheim Plus config and then upload it to the server but the server settings don't apply to my server instance.  

Does Survival Servers use Windows or Unix OS?

So at this stage I've just downloaded the config from github, edited it and uploaded it to the FTP, I know it'll get wiped when SS upload theirs but I'll just reupload as soon as that happens.

Saying that though, I'm not messing around with chest sizes or inventory space as it will most likely delete items when it gets wiped.

There was another update to 0.9.5.5, so you will need to update your own mod if your server is updated to the latest version.

You can see your server version in the control panel, and your own version in the title screen of your game in the bottom right.

There's no need. We pull latest Valheim+ version within 30 minutes of it going live on Github releases (automatically)

The only changes you would need to make via FTP are to the BepInEx/config/valheim_plus.cfg file to update the latest changes if absolutely necessary. Things will break regularly, welcome to Valheim+ 😃