Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Valheim 0.9.5 is out

Mitchane

It seems posting these speed up the process?

The following from Ryan Pennington:

You can update on your end without needing us to intervene each time. Only in the case that you use our Modify Valheim+ Config tool would you need to see if any new settings were changed. It takes us a few days to add those. If you simply cannot wait then you are free to ignore that tool and make the changes to your file manually via FTP. Again, you can auto pull the latest Valheim+ update as it's available on Github without waiting for us.

My question here is if its going to take a few days to update valheim plus, can you guys somehow make SS control panel valheim plus config READ our manually inserted configs? As of right now its either wait a day or two everytime an update comes out or manually doing it and risking losing players items because the config will revert back once SS updates.

So you're saying if we manually updated the config file when SS decides to update the config file themselves it will wipe the one we've inserted? If so that is ridiculous.

Why push a new Valheim+ version out if the config file isn't ready to be updated? That's pointless and has led to breaking a few things on my server...

6 minutes ago, Speeedy14 said:

So you're saying if we manually updated the config file when SS decides to update the config file themselves it will wipe the one we've inserted? If so that is ridiculous.

Why push a new Valheim+ version out if the config file isn't ready to be updated? That's pointless and has led to breaking a few things on my server...

Yeah it was kinda better for me and my server when they didn't support valheim plus, or at least update it much quicker!

That's terrifying. If someone logs into the server after a nightly restart and they've updated V+ on me and wiped my config we could lose MASSIVE amounts of resources in chests, though I suppose I could just take the 1am backup probably

Why have the servers automatically update with it? Why not allow that once the config file is updated on your end? This way we can just continue on with the old version until SS is ready to update? Is that the gist of the issue besides SS taking so long? I'm in this boat atm.

On 3/13/2021 at 1:24 PM, Speeedy14 said:

We don't live and breath a buggy mess of a mod whenever it changes. Most of our customers use vanilla Valheim with no issues. If it changes and it breaks, you are aware that adding a BETA mod to your server will cause issues and it is up to you to fix them or you can create a ticket and we can point you in the right direction.

Our Modify Valheim+ Config tool is not magically updated with new config options each time an update is released. We add them manually. It will take days. If you can't wait days, get an FTP program and modify the BepInEx\config\valheim_plus.cfg yourself by copying the latest changes from valheim_plus.cfg (use Winmerge or similar) on Github and every Valheim+ update will be a sinch.