Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Help Updating Server Config

solitarygrounds

Can someone please explain to me how connecting to the ftp im suppose to update the config when i try to open a file it wont let me edit it or open it at all im just really confused im using windows 10 file downloader app or whatever it is should i be using a different program? any help would be great

The config can be changed from the control panel. Modify Valheim+ Config. FTP is not required. If you are having further issues, please submit a support ticket.

actuallyy what i would like to know if there is a way to download the world from the ftp so i can send it to my friend i want to restart the server cleanly but my buddy wants to save the world we have to his single player where in the ftp is the world file located?

2 hours ago, solitarygrounds said:

Yes unfortunely the control panel isnt updated with the 9.4 or 9.5 options so im needing to use ftp to edit the config manually i figure it out tho i found a free ftp website that makes it very easy ty for the response :D❤️

This. 9.5 adds some key features/fixes (most notably, allowing ABM with multiple people in range) also some really nice QOL like auto repair inventory on interact with forge/bench.

Did you try stopping your game server, renaming the cfg on the server and uploading your cfg from 9.5 you edited locally?

I will re post a post I made in a separate post  (post post post, lul) that will answer the question.

Yes. You can update the server files by downloading WinSCP and logging into the server using the credentials on the Survival Servers Control Panel, drag and drop the server side download file 0.9.5 from Valheim plus.

This is however becomes annoying because once Survival Servers finally (I say finally because updating Valheim plus is extremely quick and SS for whatever reason takes a day or two and its annoying) updates to 0.9.5 your config file will be wiped and you have to reedit the SS config via the control panel. You can't even simply copy and paste your config edits back into the Server files after SS updates because for what ever reason changes you make manually to the Config file do not carry over to the SS control panel config...

So yeah from previous annoyances idk if the update is worth doing manually or just waiting for SS to update it. Contemplating it myself for my Dedicated server atm.

1 hour ago, Mitchane said:

I will re post a post I made in a separate post  (post post post, lul) that will answer the question.

Yes. You can update the server files by downloading WinSCP and logging into the server using the credentials on the Survival Servers Control Panel, drag and drop the server side download file 0.9.5 from Valheim plus.

This is however becomes annoying because once Survival Servers finally (I say finally because updating Valheim plus is extremely quick and SS for whatever reason takes a day or two and its annoying) updates to 0.9.5 your config file will be wiped and you have to reedit the SS config via the control panel. You can't even simply copy and paste your config edits back into the Server files after SS updates because for what ever reason changes you make manually to the Config file do not carry over to the SS control panel config...

So yeah from previous annoyances idk if the update is worth doing manually or just waiting for SS to update it. Contemplating it myself for my Dedicated server atm.

Well they never even updated to 0.9.4 so IDK how fast 0.9.5 turnaround is expected to be, but that is kinda annoying. I wouldn't mind if I just had to reupload my saved .cfg to the server and restart it to fix the SS update, but having to go through the GUI to reset everything manually that way is a minor pain point for sure. And imagine someone logging in while inventory spaces aren't configured properly. Disastrous. 

18 minutes ago, PapaRonin said:

Well they never even updated to 0.9.4 so IDK how fast 0.9.5 turnaround is expected to be, but that is kinda annoying. I wouldn't mind if I just had to reupload my saved .cfg to the server and restart it to fix the SS update, but having to go through the GUI to reset everything manually that way is a minor pain point for sure. And imagine someone logging in while inventory spaces aren't configured properly. Disastrous. 

I learned this the hard way by going to my friends single player server without the extra inventory spaces and lost all my food. Not the end of the world though. But I agree, if we never got the update for .9.4 then who knows how long for .9.5. Nothing to worry about now but I wonder what will happen when Hearth & Home comes out.

2 hours ago, Mitchane said:

This is my question as well; Wait for SS or manually do it and face the consequences when they occur. I'm worried that eventually when the update comes through from SS I will be faced will too many issues and lose motivation in trying to fix it. So I think I will wait for now.