Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Incompatible Version?

dovion

My friends and I have been playing on my server now for 2 days without issues, and now all the sudden it says incompatible version for us. I have ran the updater/validate option, restarted the server a couple times (after waiting a little for the updater to work its magic), and still nothing. Honestly, I don't even know where to properly see the servers version number to check if it is on the correct version. I don't think there was an update at all today anyway so why would it be incompatible?

I did realize where the server version is but mine has always said "v????" so I can never check its true version.

1 minute ago, revise said:

I'm experiencing similar issues. The server went down while I was playing, incompatible version, now cannot start.

Where is your server located? Mine is in New York

We're having the same problem with our server too, but ours is located in Los Angeles. Our server version is v0.146.11@09 which is the current Valheim client version. It was working earlier too and it just suddenly stopped working. I read on the mod forum that it might be related to the valheim+ mod if you have that installed.

Edited by JimJams
added content

I figured it may be V+ --- I attempted to remove it but that hasn't made a difference. At this point I'd like to forego it, but regardless can't get the server going =/

6 minutes ago, JimJams said:

We're having the same problem with our server too, but ours is located in Los Angeles. Our server version is v0.146.11@09 which is the current Valheim client version. It was working earlier too and it just suddenly stopped working.

We don't have that installed. None of us were using V+. I did have the server controls enabled for V+ and I turned it off since none of us were using it. 

So I turned Valheim + back on and now the server is allowed to start up again? You are telling me that because I have Valheim + turned on I can now start my server but if I have it turned off it wont let me stop and start my server whenever? I don't even use Valheim +. Why is it that when we played on my server without Valheim + it worked just fine and now all the sudden we cant get on the server without it installed?

Please remember per forum rules, if you are having an account specific issue, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate what's going on.

14 minutes ago, Luke said:

Please remember per forum rules, if you are having an account specific issue, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate what's going on.

I did and whoever helped me gave me a copy paste bot response that literally didn't do a damn thing. Seeing as multiple people had problems, it seemed like it was not an account specific problem. Have a good one buddy.