Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Valheim+ -- enforceConfig setting is not present in the config (for both server and client)

FiveSeveN-

• FiveSeveN- changed the title to Valheim+ -- enforceConfig setting is not present in the config (for both server and client)
6 hours ago, Jorsond said:

They confirmed on the Valheim Plus Discord that enforceConfig has been removed.

Ok, thank you.

I am confused on how the mod logic works, pertaining to setting the configuration.

Does it follow the client config or the server config? What is the point of the player config if it follows the server config?

3 minutes ago, FiveSeveN- said:

Ok, thank you.

I am confused on how the mod logic works, pertaining to setting the configuration.

Does it follow the client config or the server config? What is the point of the player config if it follows the server config?

It will follow the server config if you are using 0.9.0. 

NEW  Server Config & Version Control (About Version Enforcement) [0.9+]
As soon as you join any server that is running 0.9 or later you will be able to automatically receive the configuration of the server. You do not need to do any additional steps. By default the enforceMod=true setting is enabled, if you turn it off you can join unmodded server. If a server has enforceMod enabled only people with the correct v+ version will be able to join.

9 minutes ago, Overlord said:

It will follow the server config if you are using 0.9.0. 

NEW  Server Config & Version Control (About Version Enforcement) [0.9+]
As soon as you join any server that is running 0.9 or later you will be able to automatically receive the configuration of the server. You do not need to do any additional steps. By default the enforceMod=true setting is enabled, if you turn it off you can join unmodded server. If a server has enforceMod enabled only people with the correct v+ version will be able to join.

Thank goodness, and thank you.

I guess the github installation instructions are out of date, then. What page can I see this text you've pasted?