Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Alternative server mods?

switch50

I am aware V+ is out and an option to add to one's server. Is there alternative mods that I can install? I've seen other popular mods on nexus that I would rather install on my server.

18 hours ago, Luke said:

You can install other mods using FTP software, but do keep in mind you would be doing this at your own risk.

Can confirm, however keep in mind there's only a handful of mods that actually need to be installed on your server.  The vast majority are client-side controlled where if you install it on your server but not the client it does literally nothing.

On 2/26/2021 at 3:53 PM, Luke said:

You can install other mods using FTP software, but do keep in mind you would be doing this at your own risk.

I tried to install BepInExPack via FTP, but it blocked 2 files: start_game_bepinex.sh and start_server_bepinex.sh. My intent is to install ServerSideMap from Nexus Mods, which I was also unable to upload via FTP. Should I be going about this in a different way?

52 minutes ago, adverseFX said:

I tried to install BepInExPack via FTP, but it blocked 2 files: start_game_bepinex.sh and start_server_bepinex.sh. My intent is to install ServerSideMap from Nexus Mods, which I was also unable to upload via FTP. Should I be going about this in a different way?

I admit that I had complications trying to install BepInEx by itself before.  You can try this as a "workaround" through FTP:

1) Install Valheim Plus as you normally would
2) If you don't want to use V+, delete the valheim_plus.dll (plugins) and valheim_plus.cfg (config)
3) Install ServerSideMap.dll normally (you need this on both server and client if you weren't aware)

This will give you a working BepInEx install without all the hassle.

19 minutes ago, Sythalin said:

I admit that I had complications trying to install BepInEx by itself before.  You can try this as a "workaround" through FTP:

2) If you don't want to use V+, delete the valheim_plus.dll (plugins) and valheim_plus.cfg (config)
3) Install ServerSideMap.dll normally (you need this on both server and client if you weren't aware)

This did the trick! Thanks for the help!

On 2/28/2021 at 12:42 AM, Sythalin said:

Worth noting once you install and remove dll and config you need to change mod back to no mod in control panel otherwise V+ will get reinstalled with every server restart.

This works great for a working BepInEx server!