Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Valheim+ Plus

J Louis

Basically you all are all correct 😁
If you're having problems using Valheim+ and getting the incompatible issue, the only way I've been able to get around it is loading 8.6 client on my pc.
I did go through the steps Overlord suggested, but there is a possibility I might have missed something.  I was just offering a way to get around it until the correct version on the server can be loaded. 
Thanks for all the comments and help

If you are having account specific issues, please submit a support ticket and we will help you! The issues people are having are not all related and must be looked at individually.

57 minutes ago, Luke said:

If you are having account specific issues, please submit a support ticket and we will help you! The issues people are having are not all related and must be looked at individually.

This "incompatible version" issue is pretty widespread it would seem. We're all up-to-date on versions and getting the same error.. I feel like it's all related.

38 minutes ago, FiveSeveN- said:

This "incompatible version" issue is pretty widespread it would seem. We're all up-to-date on versions and getting the same error.. I feel like it's all related.

Have you tried manually installing through FTP?  I've been doing that since the start and never had an issue.

26 minutes ago, Sythalin said:

Have you tried manually installing through FTP?  I've been doing that since the start and never had an issue.

Just using the built-in functions in the SS control panel.

Guy found the solution: 

Has anyone ran into the issue of the server starting up without the Valheim+ mod enabled for some reason?

Everything looked fine but I have my server restarting daily early in the morning. When I logged in from waking up, the Valheim+ mod wasn't active on the server, even though the Control Panel on here showed it was. It resulted in me loosing anything I had stacked in chest above the actual base limit of the game =\

Now I'm afraid the next time the server reset happens, it'll launch without Valheim+ and I lose my ores and stuff again. Is there anything specific I need to do to ensure that the server launches with Valheim+ beyond making sure its selected under the Mod section of the Control Panel?

After some digging we did find that the needed server-side valheim_plus.cfg was not being genenerated with a fresh install and without using our Modify Valheim+ Config tool at least once to generate it.

We issued a fix for this in the backend that will generate the valheim_plus.cfg file if it does not exist.

A quick way to check is your running server version, it should show like this:

image.png

You see the @0.9 there indicates it is running and the config file is present.

So pardon my confusion but what exactly does Valheim+ do for the servers that we rent here?  If we are playing with multiple people on the server are we able to make changes (note I am not a programmer) to the survival servers side information that would translate to the Valheim world we play in?

10 hours ago, mmarcantel70 said:

So pardon my confusion but what exactly does Valheim+ do for the servers that we rent here?  If we are playing with multiple people on the server are we able to make changes (note I am not a programmer) to the survival servers side information that would translate to the Valheim world we play in?

the other people would need valheim plus installed as well, and when in the server panel you can click on a config panel to edit settings like run stamina, rain not hurting wood etc. its made easy to use

I am using Valheim Plus for the first time, I was able to go in and configure the settings but did not see a Death Penalty setting in there, which the mod supposedly has, according to their website.   Is it called something else in the config area?

Is the config file something we can (have to) update or is that something the Survival Server team needs to do?  I did see there is a new version of Valheim plus this morning, 0.9.5 from their website

5 hours ago, mmarcantel70 said:

Is the config file something we can (have to) update or is that something the Survival Server team needs to do?  I did see there is a new version of Valheim plus this morning, 0.9.5 from their website

You should be able to update the cfg if you manually edit a .9.5 cf locally...

I'm trying to find a full tutorial for manually updating but there's nothing in the forum it seems.

Would be good to have that info since it takes time for the server team to update the UI for all the cfg changes.

I think your game server might need to be stopped to replace the cfg file.

7 hours ago, mmarcantel70 said:

Yes. You can update the server files by downloading WinSCP and logging into the server using the credentials on the Survival Servers Control Panel, drag and drop the server side download file 0.9.5 from Valheim plus.

This is however becomes annoying because once Survival Servers finally (I say finally because updating Valheim plus is extremely quick and SS for whatever reason takes a day or two and its annoying) updates to 0.9.5 your config file will be wiped and you have to reedit the SS config via the control panel. You can't even simply copy and paste your config edits back into the Server files after SS updates because for what ever reason changes you make manually to the Config file do not carry over to the SS control panel config...

So yeah from previous annoyances idk if the update is worth doing manually or just waiting for SS to update it. Contemplating it myself for my Dedicated server atm.

Updating the config file and uploading it on your Survival Server hasn't worked for me.   I shot them a ticket regarding it.  When you upload your modified Valheim Plus config, it appears that the Survivial Server UI Val+ config utility overwrites it somehow.  Must be something on their end.  

It is very possible or may be the game overwriting it at startup checking. With the tool then loading it up after the check.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being a valued customer. Happy gaming!

Sincerely, Steven White, Account Manager

The control panel for the config won't work it doesn't read the config you upload, you need to edit it on notepad with the settings you want.

I did that before uploading and all is good now.

How do we even tell which version the server supports?  I can see what I have on the client side, in this case 9.5.5, but no idea which version of the mod is on the server side.  I thought it was showing 9.5.5 in the Server Details but when I checked the config tool it had to be a previous version.

On 3/13/2021 at 12:48 PM, Mitchane said:

This is however becomes annoying because once Survival Servers finally (I say finally because updating Valheim plus is extremely quick and SS for whatever reason takes a day or two and its annoying)

That's not true whatsoever. Valheim+ is available within 30 minutes automatically of each release.

On 3/14/2021 at 6:26 PM, James Meadows said:

Updating the config file and uploading it on your Survival Server hasn't worked for me.   I shot them a ticket regarding it.  When you upload your modified Valheim Plus config, it appears that the Survivial Server UI Val+ config utility overwrites it somehow.  Must be something on their end.  

Yes that's exactly how it works and that's exactly displayed clearly on the tool itself:

image.png

If you wish to make changes to your valheim_plus.cfg in FTP they would not appear on the tool. The tool is just a helper to write your valheim_plus.cfg file not interchangeable with FTP.

It will take us some time to add each new config as they are doing it regularly, so if you need the latest options then exclusively use FTP is my recommendation.

On 3/16/2021 at 4:24 PM, Ryan Pennington said:

Modify Valheim+ Config helper tool updated for Valheim+ to 0.9.5.5 settings.

Thanks Ryan.

I noticed that the Forsaken Power adjusters were not showing up in the dashboard config. Not a huge deal for me as I just edited the config file manually through FTP, but thought I would give a civilized heads up before "ZOMG THIS ISNT THERE!!!" 

Since the update for Valheim and Valheim+ yesterday. After my server restarted, my valheim_plus.cfg was over-written by the default one. I have tried to download, edit in notepad++, then upload via FTP (I do not use the "tool" for this.) and again, every time the server restarts, the cfg is over-written again with the default settings and all changes gone.

Any idea what is happening or causing this? Or even where the default settings might be coming from so I can remove or replace them? Until this gets figured out I have had to stop my server in hopes to prevent materials and stuff from being removed due to "missing" storage slots.