Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Valheim+ Plus

J Louis

3 hours ago, Khristory said:

Is there an ETA when we will be able to buy more slots?

Once more data is available that the game runs well over 10 players with Valheim+ we will add in an upgrade option directly from the control panel.

We'll post up a full server to client side install guide sometime tomorrow or this weekend.

33 minutes ago, simplestaple said:

Make sure you have BepInEx installed on your local game install.

Once you have BepInEx installed, install Valheim+ to your computer as well. With Valheim+ installed, copy the server valheim_plus.cfg file to the BepInEx/Config folder on your local game installation directory.

Do I need to download BepInEx separately from GitHub? I see there is already a folder inside the WindowsClient folder called BepInEx with the config in it. 

Hey guys! Just got this installed - running great so far. I did notice one thing, which lead to a different question, however.

Is it possible for my friends who do not have Valheim+ installed to join my Dedicated Server still, while Valheim+ running? I checked the box to enable General Server Configuration Settings, as well as unclicked the Enforce Mod Version Check, but now I am getting the "Incompatible Version" error. (I just adjusted my client side settings to enable this and that seemed to have fixed this error.) I currently have Valheim+ installed.

When I have Enforce Mod Version Check enabled, the error goes away and I can join. I'm assuming with this enabled my friends who do not have Valheim+ installed can not join, correct? Is this a bug or just something that is not implemented yet? (Will test this, but after adjusting my client side settings, I believe this setting is working.)

I have noticed the option to disable the password was not working either, or the remove Invalid Placement option. Maybe I am setting some things up wrong?

Thanks, keep up the awesome work. Been having a blast thanks to you guys!

14 minutes ago, Straggiz said:

Fixed, I downloaded version 8.5 and it worked, I originally downloaded 9.0

Make sure your server version and client version are the same.   0.9.0 is the latest version.  I am running 2 servers running Valheim plus 0.9.0 with no issues.

1 hour ago, Muudbutt said:

Hey guys! Just got this installed - running great so far. I did notice one thing, which lead to a different question, however.

Is it possible for my friends who do not have Valheim+ installed to join my Dedicated Server still, while Valheim+ running? I checked the box to enable General Server Configuration Settings, as well as unclicked the Enforce Mod Version Check, but now I am getting the "Incompatible Version" error. (I just adjusted my client side settings to enable this and that seemed to have fixed this error.) I currently have Valheim+ installed.

When I have Enforce Mod Version Check enabled, the error goes away and I can join. I'm assuming with this enabled my friends who do not have Valheim+ installed can not join, correct? Is this a bug or just something that is not implemented yet? (Will test this, but after adjusting my client side settings, I believe this setting is working.)

I have noticed the option to disable the password was not working either, or the remove Invalid Placement option. Maybe I am setting some things up wrong?

Thanks, keep up the awesome work. Been having a blast thanks to you guys!

Yes when you have Enforce Mod Check enabled they will be unable to join unless they have the Valheim+ client and the same version as the server.

So far from what I have found this issue is a client side issue with updating.

The fix that I have found  to work is as follows

1. Manually go into your Valheim Install directory and remove all Valheim+ files

• BepInEX

• winhttp.dll

• doorstop_config.ini

• changelog.txt

2. Then validate your game files through steam

3. Reinstall latest Valheim plus files

If you can't find these files its possible you haven't installed a previous Valheim plus version. So you should be good to do an initial install of the current release!

I have Valheim+ on server and have installed local as well. everything was running fine last night and now this morning I am getting this error. I have reinstalled and tried different versions of Valheim+ all with same result "incompatible version"

1 hour ago, Rex Overton said:

I have Valheim+ on server and have installed local as well. everything was running fine last night and now this morning I am getting this error. I have reinstalled and tried different versions of Valheim+ all with same result "incompatible version"

A hotfix for the base game was released last night, make sure your server is on 0.146.11 and then  reinstall Valheim+ from the control panel!

I'd just like to mimic the ask to allow for more slots.  Ive got 20+ people all interested in building a 'community' server and the current 10 person limitation is definitely a limiting factor.  I'd be happy to serve as a pilot effort for testing whether this is possible (should survival servers be looking for test/pilot customers).

15 minutes ago, Tigue said:

I'd just like to mimic the ask to allow for more slots.  Ive got 20+ people all interested in building a 'community' server and the current 10 person limitation is definitely a limiting factor.  I'd be happy to serve as a pilot effort for testing whether this is possible (should survival servers be looking for test/pilot customers).

Will reach out to you via support ticket. This would be greatly helpful.

Not sure if I should post this here or start a new thread or open a support ticket so apologies if this was the wrong choice. 

The time configuration doesn't appear to be applying when adjusted through the V+ dashboard.  Time section is enabled, attempted to adjust time from 1200(default) to 3600 with a 0 night speed modifier but the full Day/Night cycle is still clocking in @ ~21 min. which is default. 

I tested in single player by modifying the time line for the V+ config file and it worked as expected so maybe I am missing something. If a support ticket is needed, just let me know and I will open one, thanks in advance for the input / support. 

I've got the same problem with the mod not working after the latest update. Been trying to copy files to the FTP server manually and all kinds of things but nothing works. Now it looks like the control panel is down.  This is annoying, I got a server host so I didn't have to mess around with all this stuff.

31 minutes ago, Straggiz said:

I downloaded and installed the 8.6 version of Valheim+, and the incompatible issue went away.  Does anyone know what version of Valheim+ is getting installed on the server?

Mine installed 0.9.0.  If it has been a while since you updated Valheim+ you need to select no mod then save settings and restart server.  Pick Valheim+ in the dropdown and save settings and restart server again.  You will need to go through the Valheim config again because things changed on the 0.9.0 version.  Just modify your config and hit save configuration button at the bottom of Valheim config.

NEW  Server Config & Version Control (About Version Enforcement) [0.9+]
As soon as you join any server that is running 0.9 or later you will be able to automatically receive the configuration of the server. You do not need to do any additional steps. By default the enforceMod=true setting is enabled, if you turn it off you can join unmodded server. If a server has enforceMod enabled only people with the correct v+ version will be able to join.

7 hours ago, Overlord said:

Mine installed 0.9.0.  If it has been a while since you updated Valheim+ you need to select no mod then save settings and restart server.  Pick Valheim+ in the dropdown and save settings and restart server again.  You will need to go through the Valheim config again because things changed on the 0.9.0 version.  Just modify your config and hit save configuration button at the bottom of Valheim config.

I could be wrong.. but I'm pretty sure Straggiz is just sharing what he deliberately did that fixed the problem (install 0.8.6), and you're telling him to do something else which is what everyone else has done and what has given them the error.

2 hours ago, FiveSeveN- said:

I could be wrong.. but I'm pretty sure Straggiz is just sharing what he deliberately did that fixed the problem (install 0.8.6), and you're telling him to do something else which is what everyone else has done and what has given them the error.

If this fixed the error that means there's a mismatch with them using 0.9, which is normally 50% wrong versions or 50% mismatched configs.  So explaining an alternate way to try and resolve their issue so they can use the "latest and greatest" isn't a bad thing.