Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Anyone getting disconnected from server?

Steven Burvenich

Are you able to get into the server? Im having the same issue after the patch I will run around for about 5-10 mins and then just randomly disconnect but the server isnt crashing.

"Please do not post account specific issues"(copy/pasted from this sub-forum's rules) ; this sounds exactly like  that, in which case they state you need to open a support ticket.

I'm having the same exact issue as the owner of the server. I keep getting disconnected every 5 minutes or so.  None of the others on the server have this issue.

I was having this same issue; server owner / admin and the only one having trouble.  Player log was filled with "Failed to send data k_EResultLimitExceeded". 

I turned my Draw Distance / LOD slider down from "Very High" to "High" and that resolved my issues... for now.  I'd been running at "very high" for the last week (latest patch included since it released) without issues until today.  Maybe related to an ambitious wall project I've been working on?

Same exact thing is happening to me...(server owner) friend can stay in as long as they want, but I get disconnected after 5-10mins. 

EDIT: I had setup a friend who is on my server with admin on the server, removed him, so now I am the only admin, and that seemed to work. For me at least. 

Not sure if this is the same issue you guys are experiencing. For my server, we all get  disconnected, the game resets back to a point "I'm guessing the last save"  and random items will be missing from my inventory or crops that i had planted.. only the carrots, the turnips stayed.  Anyone lese having this type of issue?

My post was redirected to this one.

Even though the OP here is referencing constant disconnect issues which I am not experiencing. I will assume this is intended to be a consolidation of all disconnect related issues for support to review....

My one singular disconnect is happening at the same time every 24 hrs at exactly 15.55 GMT.

The server is not schedule to restart then and I can reconnect instantly, the server is not dropping.

Any thoughts welcome.

C.

2 hours ago, Capt Rubble said:

My post was redirected to this one.

Even though the OP here is referencing constant disconnect issues which I am not experiencing. I will assume this is intended to be a consolidation of all disconnect related issues for support to review....

My one singular disconnect is happening at the same time every 24 hrs at exactly 15.55 GMT.

The server is not schedule to restart then and I can reconnect instantly, the server is not dropping.

Any thoughts welcome.

C.

Do you have a custom restart timer set? If so it sounds like it may not be set properly. Please submit a support ticket here so we can look into the issue as this is account specific! 

This is happening to me as well.  Just purchased a server yesterday.  Connect to the IP,  PW prompt comes up, tries connecting then DCs.  Happens to my son as well on a different machine.

1 hour ago, Jaydubs said:

This is happening to me as well.  Just purchased a server yesterday.  Connect to the IP,  PW prompt comes up, tries connecting then DCs.  Happens to my son as well on a different machine.

How are you going about connecting to it.  In your control panel where IP:port is shown there is an info button with this info.  Connecting from in game uses Game port and connecting through steam uses Query port.  So whatever your port is use the port that shows in control panel to connect through Steam and if you are connecting through the ingame browser use -1 or your port.

IP Address: "Your server IP"
Game Port: game port that shows in control panel - 1 "example 2456" (use this one to Direct Connect in game)
Query Port: game port that shows in control panel "example 2457" (this one queries to Steam servers list)

Are y'all getting a disconnect message, or does the game just stop letting you interact with it aside from moving around? I'm the server owner, and it will disconnect regularly now without telling me it disconnected. I find out by trying to pick up a berry, open a door, or go to sleep because those actions don't work.

I was told by one of the staff members that my thread was a duplicate, but I haven't seen anyone else on this thread or another thread with the same challenge I have.

2 hours ago, Overlord said:

How are you going about connecting to it.  In your control panel where IP:port is shown there is an info button with this info.  Connecting from in game uses Game port and connecting through steam uses Query port.  So whatever your port is use the port that shows in control panel to connect through Steam and if you are connecting through the ingame browser use -1 or your port.

IP Address: "Your server IP"
Game Port: game port that shows in control panel - 1 "example 2456" (use this one to Direct Connect in game)
Query Port: game port that shows in control panel "example 2457" (this one queries to Steam servers list)

Howdy @Overlord - After I posted this I realized I may have indeed utilized the wrong PORT # and indeed it appears I was.  Now, granted I am at work so at the moment can't confirm whether or not this was my issue but will know by this evening.  If indeed this is the issue, it was a silly error on my part and a result of not paying attention.