Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Server Stopped Can't find solution in search

Graygan

So...

New customer.

Followed all directions.  

Tried multiple times.

Server always comes up as not found, not responding, or just nothing at all.

Just realized that on my Game Servers page, the server shows as stopped.  I've tried multiple times to start it.

I've reset the various configurations and parameters multiple times, then hit the update and restart.

Still shows as stopped.

What now?

Ok... Update...

According to the ticket, I need to run an update... 

On the server list page, with the server chosen, choose "yes, run update" on the ARK update drop-down menu.  Then go click the big green button below it that says "Save Settings and Restart Server"

I did that.  Now the page says the server is started, but none of us are able to log in.  The server is not responding.  Adding it manually, searching for it in the non-official lists, and using the launch available from the site here does not work.

Very annoying that a simple and straightforward startup list of instructions isn't available.

Now, what next?

Update #2

Just had to wait for a while... in my case, about a half hour.  The server list will say Started in green and Ready! in blue.  At that point I was able to connect.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Update #3

I logged in for a few minutes to check everything out.  Seems to be working.

Upon logging out.  The whole server shut down.  I apparently have to restart it again.  I hope that this is not the case every single time I log off or that will prove problematic.

Does anyone know of a way around that?

Your post is almost 2 and a half day old and not a single response from host? I bought the server today and can't get it to start for hours. After reading your post, I doubt that customer service even care to fix the issues.

Maybe I should have avoided survival server in the first place. Hope they fully refund the money.

I am having the same issue on my server as well.  I ran the the update and the server seemed to run fine at first, but now it won't start at all.  I was able to play for a little while but when I logged off the server it went into the "stopped" state.  

I have tried rebooting, clearing the SteamCMD folder (a suggestion I found in another thread), and now the server won't start at all.  The closest it gets is the Started but loading status.  

This is incredibly frustrating as my friends and I don't have a ton of free time to play outside of our schedules.  We were planning on playing over the weekend but looks like that won't be happening.  Glad I only purchased the server for a month...

I posted about this last week as well, mine is always able to start again but stops itself literally every day now. I should have listened to all the bad reviews about SurvivalServers because the cheaper price just isn't worth all the bull. My server expires in 2 days and I can't wait lol. Good luck to you! I'm moving on.