Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Not showing in official server list? How to find and join your server methods

Ryan Pennington

myself and my friends are persistently getting a 'disconnected' notice after trying to join my server. The screen goes to black - I hear water and then I am kicked to the main menu with a notice saying 'Disconnected"... I'm using the join IP method and cannot find the server on the server list. I've tried loading a local world, then deleting the world save, then loading another world save as well following the instructions.

1 hour ago, GooseDawg said:

myself and my friends are persistently getting a 'disconnected' notice after trying to join my server. The screen goes to black - I hear water and then I am kicked to the main menu with a notice saying 'Disconnected"... I'm using the join IP method and cannot find the server on the server list. I've tried loading a local world, then deleting the world save, then loading another world save as well following the instructions.

Are you connecting to Singapore server? Cause that's what happening to me as well. I switch the server to Los Angeles, we are able to play but with some delay. I've sent a ticket to support 4 hours ago, still waiting for a respond.

4 hours ago, Dosage said:

Are you connecting to Singapore server? Cause that's what happening to me as well. I switch the server to Los Angeles, we are able to play but with some delay. I've sent a ticket to support 4 hours ago, still waiting for a respond.

Indeed, we are on Singapore but tried LA as well and didn't change anything... Also submitted a ticket but a couple hours after you would have and still waiting. Thanks for the message.

Tried both methods and it didn't work. It looks like Valheim loads but then it goes back to the main menu and says "Disconnected." I can find the server on steam but if I join from there it's the same story. Just rented the server a few hours ago and I haven't gotten in ever since.

It may also be useful to point out that the server's been stuck on "Loading" and hasn't changed since I paid for the server. Been waiting for over an hour for it to load. The server is connected to Singapore, if that helps too.

Hope someone can help me with this issue.

Friend is trying both methods, when connecting via the steam server menu, it launches the game but goes no where. When friend uses ip-port via in game join, he clicks connect and nothing happens. Neither method seems to work for JUST him. Not sure.

So I seemingly have everything set up -just rented server about an hour ago-  but when I press "Start" it updates the "Last Start:" timestamp, but still says "Stopped" in red. I tried to launch/access through Steam as described above, but Steam says server not responding.

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance!

On 2/22/2021 at 7:26 PM, Pegwymoran said:

So I seemingly have everything set up -just rented server about an hour ago-  but when I press "Start" it updates the "Last Start:" timestamp, but still says "Stopped" in red. I tried to launch/access through Steam as described above, but Steam says server not responding.

I have the same issue it's been about 45 minutes and the page hasn't changed status.

FIXED THANKS

On 2/22/2021 at 5:26 PM, Pegwymoran said:

1 hour ago, Charlton Blake said:

I have the same issue it's been about 45 minutes and the page hasn't changed status.

You will both want to select the "Yes, Run Update" option in the Server Update drop down field, then press the large green update/restart button on your servers control panel. That will allow the server to boot as it will install the needed server files to boot.

I was having the same issue as others describe. Used both methods, setting up the server through Steam favourites and using the direct link and I would always get insta disconnected before the password window popped up. Server status was online and ready. Tried restarting with no joy. The solution for me was to force a server update. I was able to log in immediately after this. So give an update a go if you're having the same issue by selecting Yes, run update on the Server update radial on the control panel.