Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies and more

Are there ADMIN commands or Console?

Pixel Buddha

12 hours ago, Rickymac666 said:

It should be working properly, but it only scales between 1 & 5 (0 is default, 5 is highest difficulty). It should change automatically based on how many players are logged in but that command should overwrite it (5 is max).

I think the syntax is "players 5" but you'll need to make sure you have admin access.

Yeah, I have admin access, and enable the cheats via 'iamacheater', where  I see Cheats set to TRUE. However, it appears the mobs HP does not change. I'm wondering if this isn't possible on dedicated servers..

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2021 at 1:21 AM, zormis said:

I put in my steam ID but I do not have admin rights despite multiple restarts

I have recently started using SS for Valheim and tried adding my Steam64ID (saving and restarting the server), but I too am getting the 'you are not an admin' message. Did you find a resolution to this?

Edit: To anyone experiencing the same problem, my issue is now resolved. After uploading a new world, I now have admin rights. Not sure of this will help everyone, but thought I'd mention it just in case someone can benefit from it.

• 2 weeks later...

My 64bit Steam ID is added to the admin list on my control panel, but pressing f5 in game doesn't pull up a console/admin menu in game. :(

On 3/23/2021 at 10:53 AM, Ryan Pennington said:

You have to specifically enable the console now due to the recent patch they made it harder to access.

how/where do we enable the console now? and how frequently does the world auto-save so I can do this without my players losing progress?

I am also looking for this answer. On the client side or on a dedicated server you are running locally on windows you can just add the -console to the start_headless_server.bat file and I think that is suppose to re-enable the console ability. However I can not figure out a way to edit this file on SS(also wouldn't think it would matter as I assume these servers are running on Linux) I just get a error every time. I am using Filezilla to FTP that file from local to SS server. I have no issues with moving files from SS sever to local. I just want to be able to world save on command as we have had 3 instances now of the server not saving our world data.
Error:    File transfer failed
Status:    Retrieving directory listing of "/valheim_server_Data"...
Status:    Directory listing of "/valheim_server_Data" successful

I found this which explains where to add the -console in steam to re-enable the use of F5 server commands. I can verify this worked to re-enable, however when using the "save" command console reports only "saving" and never confirms a save has completed. 
https://valheimbugs.featureupvote.com/suggestions/172792/read-here-console-commands-changes-after-v01486-and-forward